Do use / trust Tripadvisor

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I stopped using Google some time ago. It’s become too big for its boots as it tries to impose a Big Brother regime on us all.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I hate that Bing thing. It works bad (well from a Microsoft company, would you expect anything else?).
    @LP: agree, big brother is watching us. But it does anyway. So at least Google map is working fine…

RIlic29
    Participant

I must admit that, besides TA, I find Google Earth 3D View extremely helpful examining hotels surrounding area (restaurants, parking…)….

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Thanks for the tip RIlic29 wrt 3D/Street View – I have been caught out before by only viewing photos of the hotel itself which usually excluded its immediate locale.

Besides being an extra validation for hotel, (I also use expedia and booking.com who poll people following their stay) – I find Trip Advisor useful for local eateries both at the overnight stops and when travelling en-route, also nearby places of interest/things to do when in a new place.

PatJordan
    Participant

Some hotel managers read Trip Advisor reviews, and post replies. I have sometimes used the contact details provided by these managers to resolve queries I might have before making the reservation. For that alone I appreciate Trip advisor.

RIlic29
    Participant

In my previous post I forgot to mention that I also use TA for restaurants. Primarily I use viamichelin.com (free registration required) and once I decide on which restaurant to go
    I support my decision by using restaurant reviews on TA.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls