CX lounge BKK

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

• JKL
    Participant

I’ll be in Bangkok in early September (and also KL afterwards), and again in mid-October (followed by KL and then HK) – would be happy to meet whoever else is there. I’ve met Martyn a few times – perhaps a little get-together if we can make schedules/stars align etc.?

K1ngston
    Participant

We should use Martyn as the catalyst he probably has all our numbers in his brand new phone! And if anyone is lost for a place to have a glass of the finest whilst in Singapore I extend a welcome ..

JH, Steve, SeasonedTraveller lets try and have a Asian gathering if diaries allow when you are all next here …

stevescoots
    Participant

K1ngston, I was just in in Singers:)

I will be out here again, HK, HCM from around end of the month to mid Sept, and again at end of Sept…which reminds me I better get Tim onto looking at my flights!

FrDougal
    Participant

Many of you seem afraid of the BA Lounge Dragons. I’d me more concerned about the guest tell-tale dragons! Nothing gets past them!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Happy to meet up. It should make for an interesting evening 🙂

That’s me done travelling now until October.
    Family holiday beckons.

Northern Cyprus for 3 weeks via Larnaca with……BA!!
    3 seats in ‘C’ all paid for with Avios.
    Maybe a relaxing glass of fizzy stuff in the Concorde room….probably the last time I’ll be in there since I lose the card in October (I wont get 5000 tps this year).

Happy holiday time 🙂
    Cheers
    ST

K1ngston
    Participant

Enjoy ST….

BPP
    Participant

Would support the suggestion to use the QR A380 via Doha. Departs 0835 from BKK – connects with either 787 or A350-900 to LHR.
    Have used this route on a number of occasions in J. It’s a daylight flight all the way, with time in Doha to stretch and have a really good meal in the Business Lounge.
    The only slight drawback is that Qatar use the Thai Business Lounge in BKK which is not the best.
    BPP

jsn55
    Participant

OMG, this is one of the funniest. Stuffing BEER in their bags? They’re flying in biz, so the beer must be for when they check into their hotel on landing? TOO funny. While I resent paying such enormous amounts for a bottle of wine in a hotel, I don’t think I’d have the gall to steal some from the lounge before boarding. A cookie package, some crackers maybe, but stealing that kind of quantity is … well, it’s STEALING. I’d never say anything, tho, as the lounge staff’s reaction would just annoy me. Might ask for the manager, but it’s likely no action would be taken.

donkeyasia
    Participant

K1ingston
    We should use Martyn as the catalyst he probably has all our numbers in his brand new phone! And if anyone is lost for a place to have a glass of the finest whilst in Singapore I extend a welcome ..

JH, Steve, SeasonedTraveller lets try and have a Asian gathering if diaries allow when you are all next here …

I am a long time resident of Bangkok, in fact my wedding was in the W in Sukhumvit the week it opened. May I respectfully ask how numbers and email addresses are exchanged through the forum. I am sure I know of both restaurants and drinking haunts of both character and ambience that will appeal to all who pass through Bangkok. if I might join you in September I can recommend an evening of outstanding food and exemplary wine at a fraction of the cost of the hotel venues. safe travels to all.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I wish I could use my new s8+ phone! When storing numbers in my Blackberry, they could easily be recalled, now I have no idea whether they are stored on the phone, on the sim, via google or in the cloud… half of them appear and half seem to disappear…

Between another poster and me, we have some contact details and I know there is quite an interesting circle based in Asia. I would be happy to take part in an Asian meet up.. I am next in BKK / Vietnam around Dec 9th thru to Xmas…

K1ngston
    Participant

donkeyasia nice to e meet you. I am based in Singapore and am often in BKK and have met young Martyn there a few times as well as in the UK…..

Its extremely worrying that a street wise man like him is so damn useless where technology comes into play. I may have mentioned previously that he actually bought his blackberry second hand of Noah when he was loading the ark!

Anyway I would be definitely up for a meet and a meal in a suitable location, I have spoken to Ian off line and have missed seasonedtraveller in two locations recently.

Martyn if you can assist and break through turning your phone on, please bring us all together by mail and we look forward to seeing you back in Asia in Dec, albeit I will see you next month in London

donkeyasia
    Participant

K1ngston & Martyn, forgive my ignorance, how do we exchange email addresses and contact numbers. I presume it is not allowed to put them directly into the forum!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@donkeyasia – happy to be the conduit, until/unless BT can suggest otherwise:

martynsinclair @ hot mail.com (miss out the spaces)

K1ngston
    Participant

set it up on your Samsung Martyn 🙂

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=821431]
    The only slight drawback is that Qatar use the Thai Business Lounge in BKK which is not the best.[/quote]

Just because QR use it doesn’t mean you have to. If you are travelling in business or first class, you can use ANY lounge of the equivalent class which is *operated* by a oneworld carrier (note this doesn’t extend to third-party lounges). So if you are in BKK – use the CX lounge. Even if you get access by status, the same applies with a few exceptions (Concorde Room, QR’s lounges in Doha and London) etc. – but those don’t apply where access is by travel class. So, for instance – in London, status access on oneworld flights does not get you access to QR’s own lounge (even if you are flying on QR) as they have contracted out of status access BUT I can still (and invariably do) use the QR lounge when flying business class on MH since the exception doesn’t apply.

This is the case even if the airline gives you a lounge pass which seems to permit only their designated lounge. Just show your boarding pass (and, if appropriate, FF card) at the lounge you want to go to.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls