Crack the case – marvellous IHG promotion

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Daniel9
    Participant

Got sent a marvellously new and interesting promotion the other day from the Priority Club (see text of it below).
    It’s all the usual filling in surveys, staying lots of nights and so on to earn bonus points – but the amounts involved are quite substantial and it’s wrapped up in quite a clever way.
    The most interesting part appears to be finding out what other people have been offered. They’ve obviously used some complicated formula to work out what to offer people, as friends have been offered as much as 600,000 and as few as 30,000 points for completing the various tasks.
    Makes a change from the usual promotion – and we all love a challenge.

WE’VE BEEN EXPECTING YOU AGENT XXX You have been hand selected to complete a very exclusive mission. Should you accept, you could earn up to 98,500 bonus points-that’s enough for up to 6 free nights!*
    Your mission: Crack open a case holding your bonus points. Several latches secure this case, but each one can be compromised by completing a task. Some are simple, others are more challenging. You will earn bonus points for each latch you crack. Open them all, and all the bonus points will be yours.

LindsayW
    Participant

For a while, I didn’t think I was going to get there. But it looks like I will crack my 4 latches with a stay on the final day or the promo (31st May). Nice to see another 104K points – 4 nights somewhere decent for little additional cost or going out of the way.

Bullfrog
    Participant

I am only a ‘Club Level’, as I stay once a year on average.

End of May I have another 3 night stay booked, but only received a ‘double points’ email.

Binman62
    Participant

I registered for this but thought nothing more of it till I got back from a holiday in the US and noticed that I needed 2 nights in 2 different hotels to complete and get over 120,000 points. A small change of plans and on the very last day will have a stay that will crack the case.
    My only issue with ICHG is that if you are in the UK then getting to Gold or Platinum is quite hard but just 14 nights in the US staying at 4 different properties and being a bit clever with the rate chosen propelled me to platinum. It also helped that I had registered using the ICHG codes which were published on this site some months ago and which can still be found.

ichtop1%
    Participant

I’m going to fall short by 2 nights……having stayed 52!

Anyone good enough to ‘loan’ me 2 nights and i can transfer the points back?

It’s all about helping one another out!!!!!

LindsayW
    Participant

Binman62, it’s not difficult if you are registered for all the promo’s 😀 😉 (nice to see you took advantage of them). I get to Plat from about 8 nights on average. Hell, I’d love to live in the UK or Europe with the selection of hotels you have – try living and working mostly in Australia.

ichtop1%, there are many ways to get there legally. You just need to know how. Alas, I can’t tell you over the Forum how…that would be condoning the practice 😮

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls