China Southern Airlines A320 First Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

KUL-CAN 26/1/2012.

Check in was smooth, separate line for business class and no waiting. China southern use the Plaza premium lounge at KUL, which is split into 2, the right side I guess for separate paying customers (as it looked ok)…and then the left side for , I guess China customers! This is a very basic lounge akin to serviceair lounges in the Uk, virtually no food, hardly any drink, old a tatty furniture. Toilets were a bit of an experience, obviously someone more akin to washing than wiping had been in, sprayed the floor and just left it….I decided to change my shirt in the hallway instead! Oh, and an internet connection I just gave up on. In fact I gave up on the lounge completely and jumped ship round the corner to one of that Café’s for a decent drink, snack..and Wi-Fi!
    So the boarding signal came up and off the gate 24 I went. Now, I am never one too bothered about the actual plane I fly but as I approached the gate there out the window was an ikle A320. Poor thing, it looked so small sat there next to its much larger stable mates especially the big air Malaysia bird sat next to it, going to the same destination. One couldn’t help but having a little sympathy for it…and my fellow passengers.

So boarding was simple, strait through and down to the business class jet way. I was greeted with a smile from the cabin director, directress or Loaban, whatever they are called and settled into seat 1A. As this was 2 days after CnY the plane wasn’t full so I had both seats to myself. Config was 2+2 in this part of the cabin; you couldn’t really fit any more in there anyway. The seat was your usual short haul class seat with approx 50 degree recline and no foot rest. No power point and no IFE except some unknown American comedy playing on the overhead. Cabin décor was dated in style yet was clean and in very good order. Staff supplied blankets and slippers and I settled down for the 4.5 hour flight.

Food was served 1 hour in but the staff said if I wants ready I can have it anytime upto 1 hour before landing which I opted to do, I powered up the laptop, banged on some tunes and started some work. The seat was comfortable and after no time the hours flew past and it was time to eat. There was a choice of chicken and rice or beef and….rice, I opted for the latter…with rice. The food was hot, moist and not dried out. Whilst it wasn’t bursting with flavor I would say it was better that a recent meal I had had on a certain UK airline! I didn’t go for any alcohol as I was suffering with man flu but the stewardess kept me topped up the entire flight with hot ginger tea!.
    As this was a baby bird it was a hard standing parking bay with a dedicated bus for all 4 of us in business class to immigration in CAN. All in all nothing special and nothing bad, an upper average would be my rating. So, would I fly them again? On this route then yes. At half the price of the Malay alternative its worth it for the comfort, sure you probably get a flatter seat and better lounge with Malay but not sure the price difference is worth it on this short hop. I was recently asked if I would try them on their 380’s when they start the London to CAN route this year, if the price is good I can be praised away from QR to give them a try.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls