Cheap Flight Tickets with a change of IP

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Amaede
    Participant

Have anyone tried using a VPN hack to get cheap flight tickets? I once used a VPN to buy a plane ticket. What I did was, I simply checked where the ticket was cheapest by changing my IP through a VPN and then opening the website with different locations. The very idea of this trick lies in altering the point-of-sale. If you intend to repeat the same process again by changing to a different location, don’t forget to clear your cookies before browsing the same website.It’s quite a useful thing as well as proven and tested to work.

LINK REMOVED

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Could you share the details of the trip you purchased and what the saving was, your credit or charge card presumably wasn’t registered to the origin point? Thanks very interested to hear back as I have often thought ip addresses were sometimes a barrier on internet sales.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

I haven’t tried changing VPN, but I have noticed the tendency for flight prices to increase if you go back to make a booking after 1 or 2 days. On those occasions I switch computer to check again.

If the concept of changing IP address through a VPN really works then I guess we could use Flight Matrix http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ to change the Sales City, which is probably quicker than changing IP address, then change the IP address through a VPN to book from the cheapest city / country.

I would be very interested to hear if this works.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I buy tickets grj several different locations, and I either log in to the local site, for example lufthansa.co.za, or for such as KLM they give you the choice of location.
    I then see the fares priced according to the local market. No need to hassle with changing a VPN.

GivingupBA
    Participant

LuganoPirate, that’s very helpful, thanks a lot for that.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

It’s also true for ba.com, although not as varied as it used to be… prices are similar but flight selection is ‘usually’ better for ex-europe tickets.

I will then ask my trusted TC to take the ticket over….usually (not always) at an even better price!

I don’t bother changing vpn’s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls