Cathay’s service deterioration

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

• AnthonyDunn
    Participant

As I cannot find the earlier thread discussing CX (particularly WRT BA’s service standards) and its local competitive situation, I will post this recent CAPA analysis URL here:

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/jetstar-hong-kong-licence-application-rejected-hong-kong-becomes-an-island-of-protectionism-in-asia-206546

Much as we (almost all of us) love the experience of flying with CX, I don’t believe I have ever read as trenchant and damning a report on the anti-competitive stance taken by an airline as that taken by CX in seeking to block the granting of an operators licence to Jetstar Hong Kong.

What views do other BT forum addicts have on the matter?

consult717
    Participant

there is a huge difference between cathay and ME airline, ME airlines in cabin experience is outstanding compare to cathay. Cathay is very average, nothing out of ordinary business class of a good airline but ME service outside of the Cabin is so horrendous that you end up taking cathay over it.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Flew my first A350 (CX to Oz) economy with 3seats south and upgraded to economy plus on return on full flight (Asia miles?). Cabin service was perfect both ways and no difference between the empty flight and the full return. Newspapers and whatever beverage asked for, champagne on boarding on return!
    A350 thought noisy since I’m used to A380 and economy headset was not good – don’t hear all movie conversation, so bring your own ‘though the Y+ headset was good enough.
    IFE was complicated and required more touchscreen than older IFE, annoying the person in front, maybe use the controller? More to view, two cameras, more maps and pilot’s cockpit “view” with speed and height ‘though was turned off on approach – most interesting part! Don’t want it on U-tube I guess!
    Wifi on easily ‘though I don’t use ($10,1st hour) and free live news (BBC,CNN,Euro and sport) when satelite in range!
    Some minor faults with the aircraft ‘though usual good CX service and reasonable food.

Bozo
    Participant

Sorry – have to massively disagree with this post’s title. I have been travelling CX consistently since 1989 mainly in J and F, have seen absolutely no deterioration in quality at all. I am fortunate to be able to travel across all One World carriers each month in premium cabins and would have to say CX is the most consistent with service flow across any airline in the world. I would fly more than most cabin crew do and really do appreciate Cathay’s ability to recognise and treat regular passengers with respect and that special authentic ‘touch’ that keeps me coming back (even though I am not a CX Marco Polo member). I am bemused by the comments from these ‘wannabe’ flyers who think there have a god given right to be upgraded or think that they deserve special treatment or entitlement when they are flying in the economy cabin. Cathay is a quality carrier and in 28 years have never had a bad experience, nor a reason to complain. I have just completed 4 sectors in J and each flight was just as good as each other and the crew were always superb, engaging and a delight to be flying with.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls