Cathay Pacific New Business Class Seat

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

• ivornomates
    Participant

NO CX = Cathay Pacific ddddddddduuuuuuuuuuh

oldchinahand
    Participant

proliteboss’s post is rather off the mark. It is well know through out the industry that Cathay has leaked substantial business which is why they are making very expensive changes after only 4 years The changes are in- train already and will be rolled out quickly particularly in economy

ivornomates
    Participant

specifics ????? no I thought not why cant we have posts based on facts not fiction

CHINABOY
    Participant

I do believe that both CX and CP are used for Cathay Pacific
    abbreviations; depends upon one’s choice. I think both are
    equally valid, don’t you. I was only joking with the “like, duh”
    and didn’t mean to be flippant.

oldchinahand
    Participant

proliteboss The changes are real. The launch is 7th December in HK

CHINABOY
    Participant

To OldChinaHand – from your lips to God’s ear. I sure hope
    you are right. Where to view the new CX Business Class
    seats or cabin layout?

travelbyleo
    Participant

Ive been flying on the Qantas business class seat since my bad experience in the Cathay cells and I think they are fabulous. Cathay may be upgrading in the near future but its going to take a a really big effort to get me back.

ivornomates
    Participant

Its a laugh a minute on here, Qantas Biz class is not a patch on CX for service, comfort & price, all get thats not charged for is grumpy old flight attendants who think the world owes them a living

Arunkumar
    Participant

No Good, Cramped , Fly Singapore Airline.

travelbyleo
    Participant

yes agree Singapore is best however i fly MEL – HK often so can only choose between QF and CX. Much prefer the Skybed on QF to the coffins on CX. Whilst I agree that service can be better on CX than most airlines in the world…..nothing will get me onto it until they change the seats . I also think QF have come a long way with service and food and beverage.

oldchinahand
    Participant

chinaboy Cathay looks to be doing a very good job of keeping the changes well under wraps with very few comments and nothing visual to be found. From what little there is it looks to me like an upgrade of the ‘slide’ in economy to fix the lumber support and knee jamming problem for taller pax -introduction of a super economy cabin and substantial refit to the business class cabin but as I understand not on 747s

Binman62
    Participant

proliteboss…sorry but Qantas business class product is superb and far exceeds that of Cathay. The seating, cabin layout and catering are all top notch. My one issue is that they lack consistency and have the slides on other aircraft.
    The crew are a bit familiar but it is at least natural.

r ryan
    Participant

I’m with you Binman. Have nothing but praise for Qantas international business. I find them friendly, relaxed, and have very tasty food. I usually use QF to Hong Kong, and have never had a dud flight. Two months ago I decided to give Cathay a try and leave from Brisbane instead of Sydney.
    I tell you Prolite, here’s a statistic -wild horses wouldn’t get me back onto CX while they have those horse stalls. On the A330 they use from Brisbane, not only do you have a very close wall either side, you also face one. There was no room whatsover to put anything, my colleague couldn’t sit on the pathetic little footstoolette, so we bellowed over the wall, couldn’t even open the ruddy paper. Add that to a grumpy crew, completely inedible meals (lunch went back untouched) and my pre-arrival snack was three thin slices of pineapple with a date (the vege option). The seat power was on the fritz, but I couldn’t even work on my computer with a notepad open, as there was NO ROOM, and the table was at a wonky, saggy slant. The horse stall was also very scuffed and frayed. As far as I am concerned, the seat is a mega dud, and I ain’t going back any time soon. The crew never went near the toilets which were decidedly 3rd world after 7 hours.

As a coda, it was my (Swiss) colleague’s first ever flight on CX, and even this ultra polite gentleman said to me as we got off, “I would rather you don’t book them again”

Here’s our news piece on the launch of Cathay’s new business class seat, which we’ll be updating with further details and images as they become available.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/asia-pacific/news/no-premium-economy-for-cathay-a-yet

And for those who wish to view it on our sister Asia-Pacific site:

http://asia.businesstraveller.com/asia-pacific/news/no-premium-economy-for-cathay-a-yet

We’ve created a new topic thread for discussion of this latest seat at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Cathay-Pacific-unveils-new-business-class-seat

oldchinahand
    Participant

I was fortunate today to be able to preview the new business class seat that will installed progressively from March 2011

It is in my view Cathay have done a spectacularly good job and this seat more than addresses all of the myriad of failings of the ‘coffin’

This seat at first pass looks to be the biggest advance in business class since the BA seat was introduced 7 (?) years ago and will set the standard for a few years

Wide and off -set (perhaps 40 degrees towards window) and forward facing for middle seats. The cabin is 1-2-1 in 777 aircraft.

Fully lie-flat bed- heaps of personal space and good storage. Clever design so that there is room to use both computer and food tray.

In the lie flat position the seat widens with a fold up flap that allows sleeping on ones side

The middle seats move forward (as in a car seat) to allow passengers travelling together to see one another and easily communicate. otherwise there is a permanent divider in place

Finally simple seat controls that echo the Mercedes Benz controls….very easy to use.
    Large TV and the latest in in-seat power with i-Pod etc being able to feed through to the noise cancelling headphones

A very good product that others will struggle to beat for some years

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls