Cathay Pacific Lounge, Manila

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

I am just having breakfast in the fabulous Cathay Pacific Lounge in Manila – combined F and Business but still one of the most impressive out-station lounges I have seen. It is big, airy and subdued in an otherwise frenetic airport (although, in fairness, T3 is a huge improvement on my previous experiences in T1). The wood effect throughout gives a homey feeling to the space. The famed Cathay noodle bar is there together with a range of cold items available at the bar.

To add sugar coating to my experience, I have just been upgraded to PE for my 777 flight to Hong Kong – my first taste of Cathay’s PE so looking forward to it. Interestingly, I was told that I was waitlisted for an upgrade when I checked in and this was confirmed in the Lounge – never had that before.

My big decision when transiting in Hong Kong – Pier or Wing – will, realistically, be decided by my onward flight gate.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The Pier…..

I walk from gate 4 area to the Pier (gate 65 area) in 15 minutes – if you have time, go to the Pier, eat, drink and if you have a low gate number departure, use the walk to walk off the wonderful food…(and cocktail or two)….

The Wing also has a cocktail bar but the food offering is not as good & it feels like the dated relation….

Lets us know which you enjoyed….

stevescoots
    Participant

I am with Martyn on that, take a stroll to the pier, although on the walk back I pop into the smoking lounge near Gate 28

TominScotland
    Participant

I agree about the ambience of the Pier but flight from Gate 2 so Wing it is

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Tom – I flew from gate 2 last week, but still used the Pier as my main lounge. I left plenty of time for the walk back to the gate so had time to visit the Wing.
    It is only my opinion, but the Pier is well worth the round trip as I feel is definitely the better lounge in terms luxury / ambiance.
    Interestingly is was almost deserted between 21:30 – 23:30, when I was there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls