Cathay Pacific B777-300ER Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

BMBettesworth
    Participant

Hong Kong to LHR.

Arrived in HG from Australia following a 3 night stay. After an overnighter in an A330 fitted with new flatbed I was a bit tired/grumpy as the bed was lumpy and hard and I got little sleep. With a 4 hour layover, I made my way to the wing lounge and had a shower – unfortunately the water was tepid and the shower unsatisfactory. I began to wander whether this was going to be ‘one of those trips’!

Boarding was on-time at gate 43 which is 15 minutes from the lounge. When I got to the gate I joined a queue waiting to board through the business/first channel. Boarding started almost immediately and I was quickly on board and in my seat 15A – third row back in the forward of the 2 business cabins. The seat has been well described elsewhere on this website so I won’t repeat details. It was very comfortable. After being seated, champagne, water or orange juice were offered, the cabin service director arrived to introduce herself and amenity kits and menus were handed out. The business cabin was full.
    Push back was on on time and we were quickly airborne. Flying time was 12 hours and 20 minutes.

Shortly after take off a brunch was offered with a choice of normal breakfast starters followed by a choice of 2 oriental main courses including Congee. I chose the western option of Omelette with rosti potatoes, pork sausage,
    tomatoes and beans in a sauce – it was excellent.
    I dosed after breakfast for 3 hours and then watched 6 consecutive sessions of an American tv series called Arrow – bit silly but entertaining for a long flight. The cabin crew were attentive to the whole cabin and kept a supply of tea/ soft and alcoholic drinks and snack to those who so wanted.

After 8 hours into the flight dinner was served – this was an excellent meal and I chose a prawn starter, followed by a salad. For the main I had beef in black bean sauce with steamed jasmine rice. It was excellent. There was an alternative of chicken, sea bream and a vegetarian option. Cheese followed with a toffee cheese cake. Wines offered were a choice of a white burgundy or NZ Sauvignon Blanc. The reds were a very nice Bordeaux or an Australian. Pourings were generous and unlimited.

The flight landed on time into T3 and after the interminable walk to immigration, the luggage was on the carousel.

Verdict – an excellent product with probably the best business class flat bed in the sky. The food and service were very good and attentive. To be recommended!

BMB

Good review. I have only flown CX once between HKG and Kuala Lumpur and was immediately impressed. And, dare I say it, even better than SQ which I am more familiar with.

ivornomates
    Participant

Can I point out that row 15 is the front of the main cabin in business class, not the mini cabin which is two rows number 11 and 12. The big problem with with 15A is you get so much crew movement in and out of the galley, plus lots of constant noise as they move trolleys about and then of course the toilets. The showers in HKG are always good and having used them over a hundred times in the last 4 years I can say I have never had a problem with them, little things like shower gel or shampoo not being available or run out is usually put right in about 60 seconds from telling them.

BMBettesworth
    Participant

Whilst I have no wish to argue with ivornomates. The plane that I flew in was a B777 which had no first class and 15a was the third row on the left in business class in the front of 2 cabins. The seat had no problems and was quiet.
    Glad to hear that you have had no problems with the showers. I did in that the water was cold which I reported and receieved a fulsome apology.

Binman62
    Participant

I though all CX 777-300 were fitted with 6 First seats? Confused especially on the HKG LHR run. :(!

Edited…You are correct they do have a 3 class 777-300 with no first!

See
    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Cathay_Pacific_Airways/information.php

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls