Cathay – Chinese New Year Sale

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

BigDog.
    Participant

Dear XXXXX

Fly east in the Year of the Horse from £519 return…

We wanted you to be the first to know about our six day sale starting at midnight tonight to celebrate the Year of the Horse, where you can pick up return flights in Economy to China and South East Asia from just £519, Hong Kong from £579 and Australia from £769.

Or why not treat yourself to a little extra luxury with a Premium Economy flight to Hong Kong from £1049, Shanghai from £1019 and Sydney from £1719.

Sale Sat 1st until Thursday 6th February only

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_GB.html?cm_mmc=CXPECIALS-GB-_-CXGEN-_-CXHP-LO

MartynSinclair
    Participant

SALE ??? Hate to know what normal price is… seen nothing of value ex London or ex Amsterdam.. unless the sale prices haven’t been loaded yet..

BigDog.
    Participant

Loads at midnight Martyn

MartynSinclair
    Participant

aha – too quick off the mark…

millionsofmiles
    Participant

This is expensive.

Ex germany CX seems too be much cheaper..without any special offer.

stevescoots
    Participant

Cathay are like most “flag carriers” , ex other places are cheaper. Last month I got CAN-HKG-LHR rtn for 2K..same bird just HKG-LHR was almost 4K. worked perfect for me as I was in Dongguan and CAN was quicker to get to than travelling by train/taxi etc to HKG

BigDog.
    Participant

Disappointing from a business class perspective with only Shanghai appearing to be included at this time.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Still cant see anything of value for routes I would/could use. Especially as BA are still selling AMS-BKK-AMS for Euros 1500 in club (no current sale).

For long haul, I consider a £2,000 ticket about right..

Sale price should be sub £1500..

Very rare to be able to buy business class on a major with known config for £1,250.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls