cabin rules

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

• BTBAsccm
    Participant

I’ve been a lurker, but not a poster, well until now. And i’ve not split personality here, it’s just me. Off on a night stop tomorrow, hoping for a jet with decent IFE ( sorry Kate and Wills ) and a few interesting crew and passengers…

HonestCrew
    Participant

Just operated on the ‘Kate & Wills’ plane. Surprise surprise no IFE for 9.5hours. Engineers said in London they don’t have the time and resources to fix it. (!) But as long as the board get their pats on the back….. Wake up people!! Our brand is dying a death!! 🙁

kevin46
    Participant

Knowing the very high standard of grammar and spelling held by that prolific poster, I doubt if BTBAsccm is his clone.

HonestCrew, your comments are off topic and perhaps would be better addressed to your own management.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Hardly dying a death.

While I feel sorry for those who cannot make other provision, especially of they have children travelling with them, I am delighted when my IFE fails, as it’s a bonanza of miles or vouchers for me and my travelling companion.

I always travel with an iPadiPod, laptop or just a good book, and plane time is an ideal opportunity to catch up.

What hasn’t been mentioned is that personal DVD players and sometimes iPads loaded with digital content are available in F, in addition to the regular IFE, so there’s no reason for their Royal Highnesses to have been bored.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I’ve invited someone up from J to the F buddy seat before. No interference with meals, and we weren’t even talking most of the time and even then in very hushed tones, we were just playing cards – quiet as mice in fact. He still got asked to leave after one drink…

RichHI1
    Participant

VK, I agree totally with your advice to carry personal IFE as I do however may I suggest as Kevin46 (a tad curtly) pointed out IFE and the travels plans of the British Royal Family are off topic.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Don’t see why that’s directed at me – it was HonestCrew who brought it up.

RichHI1
    Participant

VK, the comment was addressed to you specifically. I addressed you as I agree with your comment, the point on relevance was meant to be a forum wide back up of Kevin’s post. I apologize for any personal inference.

VintageKrug
    Participant

That’s no problem.

You will notice I rarely reference a poster in what I post, preferring to reference what has been posted.

That’s seems to work best, for a range of reasons.

HonestCrew
    Participant

I did not intend to divert the subject. I just wanted to highlight yet another frustration pax and crew face daily. (And I mean DAILY!)
    Smart travellers do travel with their own IFE as Rich mentioned but it’s a sad situation if you have paid so much money and the basics are failing.
    My attention to detail when I work often attracts the comment “you care too much” particularly from the ‘elders’, which is sad.I am proud to represent BA at work, but pull my hair out sometimes, often leading to bursts of frustration on here.
    Thanks for listening.
    Now back to the topic……

RichHI1
    Participant

All this talk of IFE gets me thinking…. Virgin used to be make a big fuss about in plane texting, so you could “become acquainted” with other pax on plane. With all the developments in IFE one could fit a cheap webcam and a mike to the headphones and avail in flight videoconferencing or multiway viedoconferencing so pax could stay in their cabins and seats and converse, wave, hold meetings etc with no inconvenience to anyone . Added to which the carrier could levy a small charge in non premium cabins for the use of the headsets addign to bottom line 🙂

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Honest Crew

I understand where you are coming from. Working with unreliable equipment is very demotivating to someone who cares about doing a good job.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls