Business Traveller Online Charity Auction 2017

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

The Business Traveller Online Charity Auction is now live

https://btauction.co.uk/

We also have the Business Traveller Asia-Pacific auction live as well.

https://btauction.asia/

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I love these auctions and have got a few things in the past. However, I can’t help but feel 60 days is too long to wait. Anyone who really wants something will just wait so the real bidding will likely only start a day or so before the end – or like me in previous years you just forget which is a shame.

Can the time not be cut? I’d say 10 days is prefect, but maybe as you’re a magazine 30 days should be ample time.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=837394]I love these auctions and have got a few things in the past. However, I can’t help but feel 60 days is too long to wait. Anyone who really wants something will just wait so the real bidding will likely only start a day or so before the end – or like me in previous years you just forget which is a shame.
    Can the time not be cut? I’d say 10 days is prefect, but maybe as you’re a magazine 30 days should be ample time.
    [/quote]

You’re right, LP. 60 days hence is in 2018 🙂

I’ve only bid on MrMichael’s A320 out of respect for him and also to fulfill his wish that his model would act as a legacy donation to charity.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I tried to bid FDOS but seem to have a password issue so must resolve that. I will also put in a bid as Mrs.M may be disappointing to see no-one is bidding but I will only make a serious attempt 56 days from now.

If you’re reading this Mrs. M, we had a lot of respect for your husband and are grateful to Mr. M and you for giving us the opportunity to acquire this model, and we will be bidding but it’s too early just now.

capetonianm
    Participant

I also wanted to bid but can’t log in to the auction site.

My reasons for wanting to bid are the same as FDOS and LP, I do not want a model aircraft, least of all a BA one, I am not their greatest fan, but I would like Mr Michael’s wish to be achieved.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

As it is only the winning bid that will be donated to charity, is it possible for there to be a donate button added to this item OR could there be a tick box to confirm whether losing bidders would still like their bid to be treated as a donation to MrMichael’s memory..?

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Firstly just to address the log-in / password issues some users are experiencing.

To confirm, the new auction site is separate to businesstraveller.com, so you will need to register when you first visit, in order to start placing bids. There’s nothing stopping you registering under the same email address that you use on the Business Traveller site.

In addition to this, the UK and AP auctions are also separate from each other, so you if you wish to bid on items in both, you’ll need to register separately on both – again the same email address can be used.

The good news is that you’ll only have to do this once – your details will be remembered next year.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

And re: a donate button in MrMichael’s memory, it’s not something we can add to the auction site at this stage, but we’re in discussion with the charity about another option, and will post more details here shortly.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=837490]As it is only the winning bid that will be donated to charity, is it possible for there to be a donate button added to this item OR could there be a tick box to confirm whether losing bidders would still like their bid to be treated as a donation to MrMichael’s memory..?
    [/quote]

Great idea – like capetonianm, I don’t wish to own the model, either, but do wish to remember a very nice gentleman and his wish to help others.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It’s always been 60 days.

One advantage is we keep adding lots.

British Airways Club World tickets to New York coming….

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Having spoken to the charity for this year’s online auction, we have created a Just Giving page for those forum users who wish to donate to charity in memory of MrMichael, but who don’t necessarily want to bid for the aircraft (or aren’t successful in their bid):

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/btukauction2017

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Also just to note a new lot has been added which maybe of interest – two BA Club World tickets to New York JFK:

https://btauction.co.uk/ultimate-auction/british-airways-two-club-world-tickets-to-nyc/

Flightlevel
    Participant

Mark and Tom, tried to enter the auction ‘though my sign on here doesn’t work and I don’t subscribe because I get free copies of BT on my flights.
    Is there a way for non-subcribers to participate – and please don’t punish me for my ‘free’ subscription!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It’s a separate log in, so you have to register to bid.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve just registered and looking at the prizes Tom, I’ve a suggestion. The Lufthansa Duck found in the bathrooms in the First Class lounges at FRA/MUC have become collectors items and it seems have a cult following. Perhaps you could contact them and see if you can get a few for the auction. I’d certainly bid for them to add to my collection.

Lufthansa First Class Duck Registry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls