Business Traveller competitions

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• LondonCaterer
    Participant

Just an observation really, but why are subscribers to ‘BUSINESS Traveller’ being offered a competition to win a trip to the Hague, with the prize including flight seats in Economy Class..??

Graemeo1
    Participant

Travelling for business doesn’t necessarily mean travelling in Business Class. In fact, the majority of my business/corporate clients travel in Economy with only directors now travelling in upper class. If it was called ‘Business Class Traveller’ I would see your point.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m pretty sure it’s the airlines/hotels that offer the prizes to BT as a marketing/PR tool so it much depends on what they are offering. I do enter the competitions occasionally but only if it’s a prize I’d like to have a chance at winning!

As a small anecdote to this, a company I still represent offered all their correspondents a trip, all expenses paid, in order we should meet one another, exchange ideas etc. Most of us were moaning that the accommodation could have been better (not that it was bad) until the Chinese correspondent said, “Why complain, it’s free, we should be grateful”. How very true and it shut us all up!!!

SimonS1
    Participant

What a silly thread.

As if you have to travel business class to be a business traveller.

Ridiculous.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I have been fortunate enough to win three of these competitions (if you include the competitions for best review with sister site seatplans.com). I am with LP and Graemeo1 – the effort involved is tiny, don’t complain 🙂

MrMichael
    Participant

LondonCaterer, on that basis people that fly Economy or First have no business on this forum or reading the magazine……bizarre.

On the subject of winning the comps, I have eneterd a few where the prize might be of use to me, where it is not then I don’t enter. My choice, nobody is obliged to enter.

The fact IanFromHKG has won three times leads me to believe that the law of probabilities (not law of chance, that’s a different thing altogether) says that he will now have a fallow period and it will be my turn to win.

PatJordan
    Participant

I submit flight reviews to Seatplans, and contribute to BT Letters page. I like to share my expreiences, and indeed have gained much from others taking the time to do likewise.

I have also been fortunate to wind a few very nice prizes over the years and it is humbling to see my efforts deemed good enough to win in the face of such a high standard of contributions.

Thus far, I have yet to win a BT Competition…..however, I live in hope!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls