Business Travel Stress

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Goldielox
    Participant

An interesting piece. How do you fit in or agree with the findings?

http://blogs.hbr.org/2014/04/the-7-stages-of-business-travel-stress/

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m too busy to be stressed!!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I’m FAR too happy to be stressed…!!

DavidGordon10
    Participant

I am too busy to wait for the Harvard Business Review website to deign to open, and only stressed in business travel by (in order)

UK immigration (almost always)
    Hotels charging for internet access, and other hotel rip-offs
    Inconsiderate reclining of the seat in front of me, when in economy
    Masses of unnecessary emails from BA, when booking or before the flight
    Mindless “security”

Other stresses – even USA immigration – are insignificant in comparison.

KarlMarx
    Participant

Another mindless article from HBR.

Gather some data, draw a nice little chart, see some correlation and make conclusions.

The murder rate in the USA has fallen in line with people switching away from Internet Explorer to Chrome, also a fact, but does not mean there is any cause or effect 😉

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Like a lot of folk on here, I’m flying almost every week so most of my stress is related to that – so, my top 5;

1) LHR immigration, flight transfer & security – a shambles
    2) Rudeness at LHR security – not directed at me normally but bad enough when directed at others who clearly don’t speak or understand English very well – top tip for security staff – just yell at them because then they will completely understand….
    3) LHR ‘Fast Track’ – a complete and utter joke
    4) Machester airport luggage retrieval – not uncommon to wait 30 mins to collect luggage following a short 80 mins flight – made worse by the fact that ‘Priority’ tagged baggage labels are completely ignorned at MAN
    5) USA airline call centres, when something goes wrong, cancelled flight etc – they are a bloody nightmare to deal with in my experience only beaten to pole position of ‘worst levels of customer care’ by Turkish Airlines who’s handling of complaints make Mr O’Leary look like the good samaritan!!

Tim2soza
    Participant

MartynSinclair – What a splendid answer. Please write a book explaining how you got there!

My approach to de-stressing travel; water, a good book and gratitude on getting home safely to the Domestic CEO and back to Dad taxi duties.

Separately, my recent work for a Health screening customer has woken me up to some of the hidden dangers of repeated business travel. I won’t name the client as I don’t want to turn this into a plug, but suffice to say, if you travel regularly, do get a health screening and load up on alkaline foods.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls