Business Class to South America

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

David
    Participant

Good afternoon all.

I am planning a trip South America next month (outbound Europe to Montevideo and return from Caracas to Europe). I would normally fly BA (true lay flat seats!) however BA does not support this itinerary.

2nd choice is normally Lufthansa however I am not a fan of the angled flat seat (why is it that the STAR Alliance – European Airlines – seem to have not kept up with the rest of the premium advancements/product developments around the world?).

I read recently that Iberia have begun to install fully flat seats on their A340s (I believe the MVD flight is an A340-300 and the CCS flight is an A340-600). Does anyone know whether these services offer the new product?

Any other suggestions for a suitable routing/airline for this journey would also be most welcomed.

Thanks and best wishes.

Rioja112
    Participant

Good afternoon,

All 340 should have the new seating already (see http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/iberia-revamps-business-class-offering)

You should be especially delighted with the food. Menues are designed by Sergi Arola, who keeps it very Spanish yet modern.

Enjoy!

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Everyone !

I have heard and read so many good comments on IB offering a quality ,outstanding product on its Iberia Plus longhaul business class cabin on the A343 and A346 ,rivalling many reputable carriers on their longhaul business products …moreover ,IB is indeed a LEADER on the South American routes in terms of frequency and network……….Go IB and have an enjoyable experience ….!!!…

I don t like the LH Business seat on the A333,343,346 neither ..with LH ,u have to go First to have a really comfortable seat …

Cheers !

Karim

David
    Participant

Thanks so much for all of your input – I’ll let you know how it goes!

mk72-berlin
    Participant

Just wanted to report my experience that I had with IB in their Business Plus to Guatemala yesterday:

Yes, the big Airbus models are now all changed to the new stretched seating which allows the fully flat bed (as flat as in Club World with BA).
    It’s still the shell design seat (with limited privacy compared to the divided seat as in BA) in a 2-2-2 order.

In the past I read many complaints about chaotic boarding procedures in Madrid which I was delighted not to be a witness of: There was a separate counter with a separate tunnel to the business class section of the aircraft – that’s more than BA usually has even in LHR T5.

After boarding I expected a drink service but that only happened once we were airborne (by the way: departure was on time) together with handing out the usual stuff like menu, wine list and amenity kit.

Later the purser introduced himself to every Business Plus Guest personally, acting more like a conferencier. With him were 3 other crew members for the Business section, making 2 for each aisle.
    The service seemed a bit clueless from time to time and was missing the personal touch that I appreciate with BA.

Food was of good quality but not hot enough, wine and cava (of course the spanish don’t serve champagne) were really excellent!
    The In Flight Entertainment is a outdated: only a selection of 12 movies and some TV series. Definitely not up to todays standards.

In general a good product which I will use more often in future for the central and south american destinations where there are only limited choices…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls