Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

I am intrigued by the lack of activity over the past couple of days on the Forum. Is this anything to do, perchance, with the presentational and access changes made to BT online? Might be me but I find them very confusing….

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello everyone,
    I’m pleased to be able to report that sometime very soon (this week, possibly) we will have a new design for the website and a new design for the forum.
    I hope there will be no change to your log in procedure.
    I also hope that the website will be much quicker to load, and easier to use on mobile devices.
    I also believe there will be no down time, but simply a gradual rolling out of new page templates across the site.
    Let’s see. Fingers crossed.
    Tom

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Good luck with it Tom, or should I say “break a leg”?
    I hope though the changes won’t be too radical. I’m just getting used to this version.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

To late to edit, but could links open in a new tab as they used to?

capetonianm
    Participant

Isn’t links opening in a new tab determined by a setting in your browser?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,
    As you can tell (or soon will be able to) the new website is going live with a new design.
    There are lots of things that need ironing out – ordering of topics, Home buttons so you can get back to where you need to go, consitency of how links open etc… but we will work through them.
    Thank you
    Tom

canucklad
    Participant

Morning Tom
    A nice layout, but unless I’m missing something really simple, and I have been called simple in the past, I don’t seem to be able to find a one click button that returns me to the Forum homepage. I need to use the hamburger button first. Am I just being daft ?

K1ngston
    Participant

Canucklad you are absolutely right there is no return to forum button, also a couple of other points..

1. Reply button does not work when replying to a post
    2. The newest thread does not highlight at the top so can miss new threads or indeed threads that have been added too…

Other than this I also like the changes Tom…

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi K1ngston – can you clarify what you mean when you say “Reply button does not work when replying to a post”?

It seemed to work for me okay, and I’m confused how you managed to reply, if the reply button didn’t work?

You’re right about the order of threads – it’s on the list of things to fix.

Thanks, Mark

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi canuklad – you’re right, we need to sort a way of getting back to the main forum page – it’s on the list.

K1ngston
    Participant

Hi Mark, I just typed in the space at the bottom of the page, however reply now seems to be working …

Thanks for making the forum better anyways!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

The list
    Here’s what we have so far. Please add to it if you are able…

Forum

1. Posts in the wrong order of “freshness” on the home page of the forum https://www.businesstraveller.com/forum/

2. When adding a link into a post (either internal or external) the box that comes up to do so has no formatting.

3. The link also doesn’t work once the post has been published – just flicks you back to the same post page.

4. The links then open in the same browser – taking the user away from the site – should be internal links open in same browser, external links open in new browser (as on main site)

5. No “one-click” button to return to the home page of the forum.

K1ngston
    Participant

basically covers it I think Tom……

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Photo upload works!

(though you have to be logged in to see the picture).

So if you can’t see the picture – it’s really worth seeing !

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

So does embedding media posts

Instagram

Twitter

YouTube

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls