BT Forum freezing

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

• LondonCB
    Participant

I get a similar problem on IPhone X (iOS 11.2.6) and IPhone 6S (iOS 11.2.2)

Pages reload and then go to an error, as per screenshots attached.

Get this across the site and forum- but don’t seem to get it on other sites.

Good luck bug-hunting!

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

iPad the page simply reloads all the time before you can finish a contribution of any length

paulkaz
    Participant

Gin&Tonic plus 1

JKL
    Participant

LondonCB +1, various iDevices. Site has become unusable. JavaScript problem maybe?

capetonianm
    Participant

I’m not finding it too bad on my Android phone. It is slower than it probably should be and those reCapchas are a real pain.

JPNU
    Participant

[quote quote=859052]Gin&Tonic plus 1[/quote]

Plus 2

I tried to read the Perth/London article earlier but gave up after 9th reload. Yes, I was counting.

I also tried to respond to this thread hours ago. My post must have been lost among the reloads.

Please, please sort this out before I give up on BT.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=859459]

Gin&Tonic plus 1

Plus 2

I tried to read the Perth/London article earlier but gave up after 9th reload. Yes, I was counting.

I also tried to respond to this thread hours ago. My post must have been lost among the reloads.

Please, please sort this out before I give up on BT.[/quote]

We are trying. We are spending money on it. Our IT people don’t know why it is happening.

If you give up, we’ll be sorry to see you go but there’s nothing anyone in editorial can do about it.

JKL
    Participant

On my iPhone, if I go to Settings > Safari > Advanced and switch off Javascript, the problem goes away. But that turns off JavaScript across all sites, which I don’t want, so it’s not a proper solution.

I recall encountering the same problem visiting another WordPress-driven site recently – sadly I can’t remember which one. But that might suggest where the problem is likely to be – have you recently updated your WordPress version, or any plugins therein, or started using any new plugins? From memory, I first encountered the problem about three weeks ago (which is why I’ve barely visited since), so I’d be looking for something that got changed around early March…

Perhaps it’s the annoying popup that keeps reappearing to suggest I subscribe even after I’ve dismissed it for the umpteenth time… πŸ˜‰

Good luck fixing it in any case.

paulkaz
    Participant

Still reloading. Writing comments makes it worse for some reason.

paulkaz
    Participant

Freezings fixed thanks to one and all for the repairs. Removing the pop up newsletter sign up maybe the key. Cheers.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Yes this seems to have cleared up now so well done to BT IT department.
    Only a problem on my cp not on a pc, now its back to the computer games to verify I’m not a machine!

capetonianm
    Participant

Another apparent ‘bug’ on the forum :
    I tried to change my password (logged in on a new device and forgot the old one). It just displays the text below and a blank page, there is no ‘form’ to change details.

Change Your Password

To change your password to something more memorable, please use the form below.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=860960]Freezings fixed thanks to one and all for the repairs. Removing the pop up newsletter sign up maybe the key. Cheers.[/quote]

We are now trying to reinstate some of the adverts so we don’t starve.

Please let us know i this starts to slow the site down, crash your machine, ruin your experience etc… and we will then take another 3 weeks to fix things. πŸ™‚

openfly
    Participant

Oh Tom…that bad eh!? Just say when you guys want food parcels….??

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Will do – we should have a begging pop up like on the Guardian or Wikipedia, except it would probably make the website crash !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls