BT Forum freezing

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

• Montysaurus
    Participant

The new site seems to have a problem – the Forum page keeps freezing and the only way to get it back is to close down the whole site and start again. Is this my PC or is it the site? It doesn’t appear to happen on BT News.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi Montysauraus – do you get any sort of error message when this happens, or does the site just freeze and you can’t click on anything / refresh the page?

Could you let me know what sort of device you are using, and the type of browser. I’ll report this to our web developers now, but the more information I have the better – thanks.

Inquisitive
    Participant

I use iPhone and tried to provide reply to some post and halfway through typing it get refreshed and exited.
    This one seems to go at one try.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hope this helps, but I read and post to the forum on the following devices:
    Samsung Tab S and S2
    iPad2
    Samsung phone S5, S6 and S7
    As well as my PC in Switzerland and South Africa.
    I have no problems at all.
    Maybe I’m lucky? 😉

Alex McWhirter
    Participant

LP – You must be lucky. I find the Forum pages sometimes freeze when using my humble Nokia 3 (Android) !

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hate to say it Alex, but maybe change to Samsung 😉

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Here’s a Friday after competition (started on a Monday) and a thread drift.

Can anyone beat LP’s Forum access using 8 different units.

Me, just an S8+ and Toshiba Protégé (2)…

capetonianm
    Participant

I find the site slow, but it works OK on my (2) laptops) although on my phone (OnePlus Android) it jumps and reloads the pages, which is annoying. I don’t have the problem with other sites.

RedBaron
    Participant

Very slow if not just simply freezing on my iPhone. Could be worth the web devs checking the page load times on their devices – possibly too much going on in the css, hi-res images etc causing it to crash.

first_class_please
    Participant

I constantly get pages reloading on my iPad 2017. Last couple of weeks only.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

It regularly freezes on my android phone and both of my laptops (both windows). it’s not just the forum, the articles can also freeze. Saying that it has been less of a problem in the last week.

Montysaurus
    Participant

Re Mark Caswell – it is an HP desktop PC and I use Microsoft Edge. Is that what you wanted to know? No error message, just a freeze.

K1ngston
    Participant

I think I can match LP for viewing devices Martyn!

I Mac
    MacBook Air
    MacBook Pro
    I Pad Pro
    I Pad Air
    I Phone X
    Samsung S8

Alas no only 7!! However a little flakey every now and then but generally working fine!

stevescoots
    Participant

Working fine for me on Win 10, edge and chrome, also on blackberry and android. I did have a problem on Chrome a few weeks back but it seemed to fix itself after a few days

NTarrant
    Participant

I’ve had the problem on my iPad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls