British Airways cancels all flights to Scotland

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Just updated on BBC

British Airways cancels all flights to Scotland

Not just BA.

Flybe

TominScotland
    Participant

Never seen such deep snow up here over the past 20 years so hardly surprising, Tom. EK27 from Dubai was forced to circle for what seems to have been about an hour (luckily carrying enough fuel) before landing immediately the runway opened again briefly at 13.00. EK28 does not appear to have departed as yet.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Is this permanent?

Hadrian had the right idea 🙂

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I am curious.

If BA have cancelled all flights to Scotland, does this mean the airline now have an under utilised or over utilised fleet? Will this give flight dispatch more opportunities for on time departures or will it be an excuse for delays….?

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

From Aberdeen Airport: TRAVEL ALERT: There are numerous cancellations from ABZ to the London area tomorrow (01 March), please check with your airline. British Airways flights BA1305 and BA1307 to LHR at 0920hrs and 1040hrs are operating as usual. Our runway remains open, excluding for essential snow clearing operations. Passengers are advised to check with their airline for specific information relating to their flight.

We’ve had little in the way of snow up here in comparison to Edinburgh / Glasgow and the central belt. Drifting is the main problem. I work under the flightpath of ABZ and the airport seems mostly to have been operating normally albeit with delays.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

Add easyJet! All flights to and from Edinburgh and Glasgow for the rest of the day (01/03/2018) have been cancelled.

TominScotland
    Participant

Just measured 42cm outside my back door (not a drift) and snowing heavily right now…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls