British Airways B767-300 Domestic Euro Traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

British Airways recently increased capacity on the Glasgow – Heathrow route (in response to the BMI withdrawal) by including one 767 rotation to complement the standard 320/321 equipment we are used to. By dint of bad planning, I was on this 09.30 flight out of Glasgow on two consecutive days so this review is an amalgam of both experiences.

Both days were awful weather-wise in Glasgow, snow on the first and ice on the second but both services operated to time, even though they were about 15 minutes late on the inbound to Glasgow. Boarding was via a single air bridge and was called by seat row number.

On the first day, there was no BAEC Gold and Silver priority call (I am Blue so did not upset me). However, a number of those exiting the Terraces Lounge were clearly upset at this slight to their self-importance and engaged the ground staff in extended argument, delaying boarding while they demonstrated this self-importance. Maybe some of the ‘My BA – right or wrong’ brigade who post on this site were among them – confessions anyone?

One aboard, everything was milk and honey – rather, bacon, sausage and eggs which remains the real treat of flying BA Domestic in the morning.

The 767 gives considerably more leg-room and this has to be one of the big pluses of this rotation. Neither flight was full so the comfort was enhanced. The cabin decor is a bit tired but that is not a major problem.

Cabin crew were great on both flights and information from the flight deck was plentiful. We arrived at T5A and disembarked via air bridge both times – not always the case with the A320/1.

The two return legs, by 737 from Gatwick and the normal Airbus from Heathrow were fine but not up to the feeling of comfort offered by the 767. A few more rotations, BA?

neilsoaj
    Participant

I have to agree with you the 767 is a welcome addition to Glasgow and I wish they would use it on the late afternoon/tea time flight also between GLA/LHR
    My only comment would be that whilst the BA crew are very professional they don’t happy to be carrying out a domestic sector

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls