British Airways A380

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

I arrived at LHR about 2 hours before my flight and made use of the new Fast Track security lane in the North of the terminal which is a big improvement on the previous arrangement. I preceded to the North Lounge for some breakfast (nice selection of bacon rolls and pastries) and being a Saturday and after the early morning rush it was quieter than usual and quite pleasant.
    It was then announced on the screens that the flight would be delayed for 30 minutes so I had a walk around the shops before proceeding to gate C56 via the transit trains. There were already quite a few people at the gate by then given the flight was delayed but boarding commenced eventually and I used the fast track lane which was very quick.

I was sat in seat 51k in Club World on the front section of the upper deck. I think it’s the best out of the Club World cabins on the BA A380. Its relatively small, I like the storage lockers you get under the windows at the side of the seat and you get a nice view out of the window looking back at the engines. We were served a choice of Champagne, orange juice or water as a pre-takeoff drink (I had the former) and were given our menus and amenity kit. The Captain came on to apologise for the delay which was due to the late arrival of the aircraft from Miami. He came on again 20 minutes later to say there would be a further 30 minute delay because the trim of the aircraft was off and they would need to move one of the baggage containers from the rear of the hold to the front to correct the imbalance. There was a lot of tutting around the cabin but I wasn’t really in rush this time so I enjoyed my drink and placed my food order with the cabin crew.

Service started soon after takeoff. I had Tattinger champagne and nuts to get started, followed by Chicken Caesar terrine wrapped in pancetta with quail egg (delicious) as a starter, and seared fillet of beef with potato au gratin as a main. All very well presented and great tasting, accompanied by a couple of glasses of Californian Cabernet Sauvignon. I opted for the cheese rather than a dessert, with a glass of port. About an hour before landing Afternoon Tea was served with a selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones which was very pleasant (although shame they just put the sandwiches in their packet on a plate rather than presenting them a bit more stylishly as they do in other business classes).

A very good selection of films onboard as always and the service on the plane was excellent throughout. I find the seat very comfortable although I know some people find it narrow. I had plenty of space and it converts nicely into a flatbed for a nap.

We arrived in Dulles Washington about 1hr behind schedule but immigration was relatively quick and as I had no baggage to retrieve I was on my way from the terminal about an hour after touchdown.

Overall a great flight. I made a short video review of the flight which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l9s6S8CQpc

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Antitude can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls