British Airways: A380 Takeoff from Heathrow- A Pilot's Perspective

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Very interesting

British Airways: A380 Takeoff from Heathrow- A Pilot’s Perspective

MartynSinclair
    Participant

and the landing in J’burg..

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Excellent, thank you.

esselle
    Participant

There are some pretty interesting “cockpit” vids on the web, including some amazing Concorde start/taxi/takeoff/land sequences. There was a time when BA pilots wore ties……….

capetonianm
    Participant

This might also be of interest to some :
    https://www.bigjet.tv/

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I remember fondly being in the cockpit pre 9/11 on a CX 747 from LHR-HKG. I was hugely impressed by the professionalism of the crew in the way they went about the processes and procedures. I returned to my seat thinking if ever a problem arose we were in very good hands. I also spent a morning at ATC then in West Drayton and was again hugely impressed with how they went about their work. I equally enjoy watching , not in a macabre way, Aircraft Investigation, as I use the incidents/outcomes/results as an example of how mistakes can be avoided.

Flightlevel
    Participant

[quote quote=844743]I remember fondly being in the cockpit pre 9/11 on a CX 747 from LHR-HKG. I was hugely impressed by the professionalism of the crew in the way they went about the processes and procedures. I returned to my seat thinking if ever a problem arose we were in very good hands. I also spent a morning at ATC then in West Drayton and was again hugely impressed with how they went about their work. I equally enjoy watching , not in a macabre way, Aircraft Investigation, as I use the incidents/outcomes/results as an example of how mistakes can be avoided.
    [/quote]

+1
    Enjoyed CX Tristar cockpit seat into old HKG and was incredible. Looks simple on A380 ‘though ofcourse the pilots are monitoring instruements in case…
    The Captain on the early QF A380 incident delegated faults to the five captains (training) to decide on importance and Airbus has since revised their computers. Seems easy,haha!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls