British Airways A320 Club Europe

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• Panda01
    Participant

If airlines put actual business class on Europe flights, then keep business class. But if business class in Europe stays the same, then re-brand it as economy-plus. Pay a little bit more(maybe £10-30) and get what the airline still give you. This would boast the sale of business class.

SimonS1
    Participant

I can’t see it can be made to work really. Sometimes a route may be 3 or 4 rows of CE, sometimes 10 or 12.

So do you go for a fixed business configuration (in which case you may have more seats than passengers of vice versa) or go for an all economy config (as with A320s) and charge a premium for people who want to use the lounge, priority boarding and other perks.

canucklad
    Participant

This is for those of us on this forum,who were loyal BDer’s
    I might be wrong but am I getting a definite feeling of dejavu with what BA are up to?

And sadly we know how disastrously that ended for a much loved airline.

SimonS1
    Participant

“esselle – 14/04/2014 13:56 GMT
    In addition, and as reported on BT today, BA are launching traditional english fish and chips on a number of routes.”

As part of our enhanced CE service could customers please drop off their fish and chip wrappings at row 1 on exiting.

Panda01
    Participant

BA should have had the fish and chips a lot time ago. I wonder, would BA do fish and chips on long haul fights.

esselle
    Participant

So if the sorry mess they call afternoon tea was inspired by the Dorch, who inspired the fish and chips? Cap’n Birdseye ? Stavros?

GordyUK
    Participant

indeed Esselle.. Having worked at The Dorchester, I was mortified that what was being plonked down in-flight had that 5* establishment’s name attributed to it

canucklad
    Participant

I’m assuming it was probably inspired by Ramsdens……

Not of Harry fame of course, thinking more of the Pawnbrokers that have sprouted up in our current economic climate. Another example of BA reacting to changing times : )

flydrive
    Participant

I just flew LGW-AMS-LCY this weekend and upgraded to Club Europe both ways for £50/segment, which effectively doubled the cost of my discounted economy ticket. Was it worth it? In my case, it was a cheap 80 tier points, I was one of two or three people in the front cabin (and economy was full in both other flights), I got reasonable food for a 45 minute flight (that I could have eaten in the lounge at LGW, but not in BA’s lounge in AMS), and a few glasses of champagne. Ok, maybe not worth an extra £100, but when I look at the overall cost of £200 return, I feel I got my money’s worth. Best of all, service both ways was excellent, and the food pretty decent. I was in row 1 on both flights and had good leg room, was first off the plane and through immigration both ways, and had no one remotely near me. A recipe for a good flight which I’d pay for again (and will, having recently bought upgrades on two other short haul flights. Would I pay the silly money they ask if you want to book CE from the outset? No way, but this is perfectly acceptable.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls