Book Business and Fly First with Singapore Airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

For those about to book…

Singapore Airlines

“To celebrate the launch of its new A380 aircraft, Singapore Airlines has announced a very special upgrade offer. For a limited time, customers who book return Business Class seats to any destination in Singapore Airlines’ network will be upgraded to First Class on one leg of their journey.

This offer gives Business Class passengers the chance to experience Singapore Airlines’ new Suites, true luxury in the skies for those looking to travel in even more style and comfort.

Initially, Singapore Airlines’ new A380 aircraft, which took off on its inaugural flight from London on Saturday 17th February, will operate as SQ322 (Singapore-London) on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. From 17 February 2018 to 5 April 2018, it will operate as SQ305 (London-Singapore). Then, with effect from 7 April 2018, the new aircraft are scheduled to operate as SQ317 (London-Singapore) on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Singaporeair.com
    Bookings can be made using this offer until Wednesday 28th February, for travel between now and Friday 31st August (upgrades are subject to availability at booking).”

*This offer is available to customers booking through a travel agent or via the Singapore Airlines telephone reservations centre.

**In addition to the new A380, this offer also applies on flights operated by Singapore Airlines’ classic A380 and B777 aircraft.

***This offer is subject to seat and product availability

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Is this promotion available on all business class fares or only certain fares….?

Jeanette
    Participant

Hi, for which country is this promotion valid? I checked with the travel agent who checked with Singapore Airlines, and we were told that there is no such promotion.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I have asked for answers to both of those and hope to have them before too long.
    Tom

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Tom, interesting.
    I also wonder if it’s available ex MXP, CPT or JNB. This would tempt me as I’d love to try their new product.
    I wonder though if the upgrade is confirmed on booking, or if it’s advised on check-in?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’ve sent through this thread to the people promoting it and I hope they come back before close of play, otherwise the offer will have ended !

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Well, sorry for the prolonged delay, and the incomplete information supplied, but we have now been told this is a UK-only offer.

Apologies all round.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Tom, we all like to hear about special offers, especially those that include the words ‘free upgrade’…

However, when the offers are subject to …. point of destination or more importantly, only valid to specific fare classes, I think it is important that these are mentioned at the same time..

The ‘wonderful’ BA one way F class upgrade offers are generally only valid at the higher end business class fare.. which most people avoid….

It is important to know which fare class these offers are applicable to…..

Jeanette
    Participant

Thank you for checking.. although I do wish it wasn’t a UK-only deal…

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I agree with you, and I’m annoyed about it and have made clear that there isn’t any point in sending through a 24-hour validity offer with essential information missing, and then taking most of that period to confirm what the omissions are.

Unfortunately we are in the hands of revenue management and then communications departments.

It’s one of the reasons I generally don’t post the offers we get through, and I have to say after this experience!

But again, I can only apologise.

Ironically I am flying Singapore Airlines today…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I am sure Tom, Singapore Airlines will find away to restore your faith in the airline’s ability to communicate effectively.. after all, you are the Editor of a world leading business travel magazine 🙂

I hope you have an enjoyable flight…

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you

The review will appear asap

IMG_20180301_102538_253

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls