Bloody Heathrow does it again. Baggage breakdown this time.

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Their baggage computer has gone down affecting *all* flights on *all* airlines and my luggage is not going with me to Amsterdam. And from Amsterdam I go to Chile.
    Apparently it will be sent on “by courier. It could take a couple of days, sir…”
    I have a change of clothing and that’s it.

canucklad
    Participant

Odd, that it’s the same terminals that BA use.
    It seems that Waterside can’t buy luck at the moment,and if they did it would probably be bad luck
    And hope you’re reunited sooner rather than later TiredOldHack2, and enjoy Chile.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Heathrow Twitter feed advising that bag drop desks are now up and running again at T3 and T5.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Well, and hats off to BA, they go it out to AMS on a later flight and as I had quite a long stop-over there, I was reunited with it.

It was quite an emotional reunion, as we have been separated before. The Clockwork Orange, as my ancient vividly-coloured Samsonite is familiarly known, has travelled without me from London to the Dominican Republic, from Colombia to London, from London to Santiago and I am sure these absences are upsetting its peace of mind.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@TOH, I am glad you are reunited with your beloved….

Get yourself a trakdot.com…….. I still reckon that 75%+ of the aggro with a lost bag, is not knowing where it actually is….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I understand that this outage was nothing to do with BA.

Still, painful for TOH and others affected by it and well done to BA to getting his bag to him.

ontherunhome
    Participant

I tried to check my small bag in, on a flight to Vienna, a 2 night trip, so as to not to have to carry it about, and the scrum of finding locker space.I was advised to take on board, due to baggage issues. I did this, and was pleased that i did, due to a large number of bags not travelling with passengers.

My question is, would I be entitled to a refund of the difference in HBO and plus fare, about £15 as i could not or was advised not to use the service. No doubt BA would have not paid to use the service, and i expect they will serve Heathrow with a hefty bill for the failure.It always seems the paying customer gets short changed. Anyone with any experience of this?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls