\"Black Friday\" Airline Sales Worldwide – Share info?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

• MarcusGB
    Participant

Hi all.

I thought it may help all of us, if we all came across a “Black Friday” Airline Fare that is really a great deal, to post the offer on here for others to see?

The window of opportunity will be only a few days…so we would need to act fast and know what you want to where with dates, ready to book. Some sales are already on, or start next week.

I am in Australia just now, but it is clear many Airlines gearing up here, for Black Friday sales.
    Offers starting now, or more around 21st November for a few days.
    Emirates, Garuda, Cathay, Qantas, Virgin Australia, Singapore, and more Australian regional Airlines all seem on board, for Tasman and Pacific
    Clear the best value would be in heavily discounted long haul /Business fares, -50% of year round best!

What i have seen today:

GARUDA: Current Ex LHR – MEL return £1,750, SYD £2,050.
    More direct connections to Australia, and now non stop ex LHR-CGK.
    (Black friday 2017 gave £1,250 LHR – MEL Ret Business Class last year)
    Their World Fare starts 21st November 2017. Check your Country, Garuda Website.

AIR NEW ZEALAND – LHR -LAX £199.- AKL £399 (to be released with other major discounts Black friday)

Emirates Worldwide sales ex Australia for $1,250 to Europe (- 70%)
    ?? UK.

Cathay, Singapore, Qantas, sales next week also.

Hope to hear from many, and we can “pool” the local information we each come across , share information worldwide for the benefit of us all?
    It’s this way Our Forum on BT works best!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Fairmont Hotels has 30% off

Fairmont

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Great idea Marcus. I’m planning one more trip this year and one for mid January so this could be very useful.

Alex McWhirter
    Participant

Paris-New York return, or vice versa, is being sold at US$1,000 return in business class.

Offer is being made by French all-business class airline La Compagnie.

Covers a selection of flight dates but bookings must be made between now and November 21.

https://www.lacompagnie.com/en/plan-your-trip/deals-paris-london-flight

https://www.lacompagnie.com/en/lp-offre-BLUE-FRIDAY-us

MarcusGB
    Participant

Accor hotels have a Worldwide “Private Sale” for members, once you are logged in.
    A 30-40% off a selection of Hotels in each Destination / Country, but seems not to include many Luxury Brands such as Sofitel.
    This is not labelled as a Black Friday event, but so many travel sales happen to be during this period.
    Their purchases of Swiss, Fairmont, Raffles etc, are still not integrated into the Accor Club, having no benefits at all. yet they are offered through the booking platform…

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Nadler Hotels is offering 35% off stays, valid on any room and any date until December 31. Saving based on Best Flexible Rate.

https://www.nadlerhotels.com/offers/black-friday-sale.html

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Virgin Trains East Coast is offering 50% off 300,000 standard and first class tickets, for bookings made by Wednesday November 22 and for travel between January 6 and March 2 (blackout dates apply):

https://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/sale

MarcusGB
    Participant

Garuda Airlines now have sales on their sites Worldwide.
    Not the amazing deals seen previously as yet, but 20% off the lowest fares you can find in Economy, Business and First.

Fares are best reflected in distance value from London – Sydney, where £2050 returns are available in Business Class up to June 2018. £1790 LHR-MEL Biz.
    I managed to trawl through their very cumbersome website, where a search for the 3 times weekly ex LHR services, and trying to connect to Sydney are not easy to find. These onward flights vary between CGK and DPS, but the site merely offers nothing, and then you have to restart all over again.
    They have some way to go to offer quick connections both ways to Europe.

However, it was worth the time, as i found a £2,950 return First Class (Sector LHR- CGK 14+ hrs / – SYD in Business), which is excellent considering it is one of the best Private 1st cabins. Booking Class (A), 175% Miles, for Business (I) 125% for level and spend for Skyteam / current Flying Blue Scheme.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

IHG – up to 30% off

ihg.com

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Air China offering 20% off for bookings made on Black Friday.

https://www.airchina.co.uk/GB/GB/promotion/EUBL17?cid=TP-EUBL17:20171117:BAN:Google:UKEN:008236

TominScotland
    Participant

Call me old fashioned, curmudgeonly, Scrooge-like or a kill-joy but could anyone explain to me what the Friday before Thanksgiving has got to do with airfares between Australia (where it is coming into summer and hardly Thanksgiving season) and the UK via Indonesia? Why and when did we collectively let ourselves be led, blindfold into adopting another Americanism that has no roots in our own culture?

capetonianm
    Participant

Black Friday.

Idiots sitting n traffic jams in cars owned by their banks, as they pollute the environment, to get to crowded shopping centres to buy stuff they don’t need with money they haven’t got to run up spiralling credit card debt.

Bah humbug. I shall stay well.awsy from any retail outlet on Thursday.

MarcusGB
    Participant

All the better for sitting in the comfort of your own home in relation to travel savings!

Quite content to plan to be in a First Class cabin, rather than a Business Class cabin, for the same cost.
    Or have a 50% less cost return to Australia in Business class, on say Garuda, compared to Etihad at over £3,500.

Having said that, the Australians often pay twice the price in economy to Europe, than via versa, 2-3 times the rate in Business Class.
    Regardless of its origins, Business Worldwide encourage people to part with their money, and Airlines and hotels are paid months in advance, so it clearly makes good business sense, and their occupancy is taken well ahead.

January 2018 sales next… but i shall stay at home and look for travel only!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Etihad 96 hour sale

Book by 27 November 2017 for travel until June 2018.

Black-FRiday-Etihad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls