Best seat on BA CW 747

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Deleted_User
    Participant

No doubt, this topic has been covered.

I have flown many times in Club Europe, but this will be my first time in CW. As I have a free choice of seats, which seat would you recommend. At the moment I have 64A. I have only ever flown on the upper deck of an SQ A380.

NTarrant
    Participant

I find 62A is best as you don’t have to climb over anyone

MartynSinclair
    Participant

60 J although I am thinking about the one right at the back!

Will also depend on whether you have a need to control the blinds. Personally, I hate take off and landing with the blinds down and before you mention safety, BA no longer care whether the blinds are up or down on take off.

In the main window seats in NCW are rear facing, wheras forward facing seats are aisle.

Irons80
    Participant

62 A / K all the way – 64 A / K are good too, although they are bassinet positions and I have been moved before because of a baby…

I also think 14A & 14K on the hi-J 747s are underrated, as they offer privacy of a window seat, again without having to step over anyone to get out.

Pamarkc
    Participant

If it’s a long overnight flight I would recommend 60B as 60A likely to be reserved for crew rest.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Other way round Pamarkc – 60 B is the crew rest seat…on a long overnight flight..

Deleted_User
    Participant

Yes, it’s a 10-hour+ overnight flight. I am looking for maximum privacy (unless my neighbour is drop-dead gorgeous).

62 seems to be a good choice.

Rickers
    Participant

I seem to remember reading that they no longer allocate the bassinets on the UD, and when we used 64 A/B/J/K/ earlier this year that was certainly the case.

Irons80
    Participant

Hi Rickers – that’s quite possibly so, as the incident when I was moved was at least a couple of years ago.

I find CW on the 747 so much better than on the 772 (and even the 773).

dutchyankee
    Participant

When travelling with my other half in CW on the 747, we always try to get 62J/K. Not sure which is best on the 747 when travelling alone, but have enjoyed 64A when I can get it as it seems to be a very isolated, quiet seat, perfect on night flights.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls