Best lounge in Frankfurt airport to hold a conference call

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• GeneintheUK
    Participant

My boss and I need to be on a call running a presentation while in FRA at around 6PM CET. We’re both BA silver/Oneworld Sapphire members so we can choose from a selection of lounges in terminal two.

Our question is does anyone have a recommendation on which lounge offers the best quiet area to run a conference call? A quiet cubicle with wifi will probably work best. Any ideas?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@GeneintheUK – BA use the CX lounge and the lounge managers (none of them are dragons, all are very nice and helpful) often enforce the no mobile call rule from the lounge.

If the First class lounge/area is closed – you may be able to sweet talk the managers to provide you access for your call.

I have not used the Priority Pass lounge further up the corridor.

A better solution, if you have time, is to go landside and go to the adjoining Sheraton where they have a business centre, where privacy will be assured, a better wifi, but unless you have good SPG status, there could be a charge.

GeneintheUK
    Participant

I was looking at the JAL lounge there too. I think there are small cubicles where we could run our call.

I also read on the OW website that the CX lounge closes at 14:00 CET? Is this true?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I had always thought it was the CX lounge, but certainly JAL/CX/BA and a host of others use it.

There are two sides to the lounge, with the F side (really just an overflow) side opening around 6pm I think, cant remember. There are small desks on the side, but if the lounge is full, voices carry and your call will both not be private and likely to be stopped (quite rightly) by the lounge managers.

The main part of the lounge remains open until about 9.30pm..

If you ask the lounge managers they may find you a solution.

if you choose to go to the Sheraton, remember you need to take the train to T1.. (it sounds a hassle, but well worth it if you need privacy and a good wifi link)..

LadyLlondon
    Participant

There is a Regus business lounge within yards, a very short walk from main terminal buildings. they most certainly will be able to rent you a conference room at the time you need if you contact them in advance to make sure of availability.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls