Best bars in Asia

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

• Anonymous

asiabars
    Participant

I have recently started a blog as a photographic guide to the best bars in Asia- these are all bars that I have personally visited and photographed on my travels within Asia.

http://www.asia-bars.com/

Many more on the list to visit…

OzTraveller
    Participant

“the best bars..” here we go again. Like the best airport thread here. What’s best for you is not necessarily best for me. To each his own. For those who judge a destination by the quality of the bars in town this is probably worthwhile..

AnneBBragg
    Participant

@ OzTraveller – personal preferences will always be subjective – beauty in the eye of the beholder stuff! 😉
    I find the value in people sharing their travel tips far more valuable than hearing it from the brands or providers themselves! And you get an opportunity to rate things yourself too, so your opinion counts – try it, it might be fun 😉

OzTraveller
    Participant

it’s nothing to do with people sharing their travel tips that bothered me … it was “here are the best bars in Asia” … as I said, if bars on your travels is important, then this is worthwhile, but who really cares..?

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Bars are indeed a very important part and pastime of international travels and I would suggest…. keep them coming.

Nice to see Apoc Now still going strong in HCM….been a long time…

asiabars
    Participant

Terry- thanks for your comment- appreciated!
    Yes, Apoc Now is still packing in the crowds- I guess having the connection with local Army leadership helps with opening hours etc…
    I should be back in HCMC in first qtr 2011- plan to add some new content..roof top bar at Caravelle, which is also one of the “iconic” bars of HCMC.

BeautyCla
    Participant

I think you’ve done a good job choosing bars in Asia. Don’t pay attention if somebody tells you your choice is subjective. I think your guide may be useful for many people who go to Asia for the first time, as they will know which bars are worth visiting.

asiabars
    Participant

Yes, I believe that there are a good number of people travelling in Asia who would appreciate some guide to what is out there in terms of bars and restaurants- and of course any choice is always going to be subjective…but my idea of providing quality photos also allows visitors to take a look for themselves – and make their own informed judgment.
    I guess there will always be some who prefer to order room service and watch the tv…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Great website. Very professional. Thanks.

I don’t go to bars that often, but sometimes when looking for a place to meet up with friends or colleagues a site like this is very useful for me.

I see it’s mainly restricted at the moment to a few large cities, but I guess that will expand as you start to explore places beyond the big towns?

asiabars
    Participant

Thanks for the positive feedback!
    The inital plan was to cover the major cities in the Asian region- as this is where the main volume of travellers( particularly business related) at least transit through.
    We do plan to add coverage of some popular resort destinations- such as Bali, Phuket, etc, and also some of the other cities currently not covered. We will be adding “guest contributors”- so this should help widen the coverage. And also we will look at more restaurants- and not just limit the reviews to bars.

Any feedback is always appreciated!

Susan1974
    Participant

Interesting research you did there 🙂 But keep going Asia is huuuuuge 😉

asiabars
    Participant

Thanks for the encouragement….agree the task is huge!
    Aim is to regularly update with several new venues every week.

stevescoots
    Participant

Not telling you mine, wouldnt want to bump into any of you lot there!! haha 🙂

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Nice little session in Jamies Bar on GF of Holisday Inn Silom Rd Bangkok last night.

Clean,smart lots of newspapers,live band after 8 pm and Heineken at Bt 100 a pint (happy hours).what more doese one wish.

Visited some others afterwards but since this is a family show…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls