Best airports for dining

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

A recent study has ranked Tokyo Narita as the best for airport dining. Do you agree? Where have you had your best airport meal?

Tokyo Narita tops ranking for best airport food

PeterCoultas
    Participant

I would avoid all airports if I was seriously interested in good food….nibbles yes….real food, no

esselle
    Participant

Not fine dining, but you will get good food at Heston, T2 LHR, Atelier des Deux Rives, LYS, and Oberweiss, LUX. Clearly not an exhaustive list, but you can eat well in airports.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Lufthansa First Class Lounge at FRA. Excellent
    Also very good at Zurich Airside is the Chalet Suisse and Marche, though the latter is a chain, I’ve always eaten very well there.

donkeyasia
    Participant

Pittsburgh Pen. offers surprisingly good and a wide range of outlets. Most restaurants offer a menu for food of the time of day; breakfast, lunch and evening choices. I am sure other American airports have these features. I do not know of many other countries that offer this.

K1ngston
    Participant

ANA First Class Lounge at Haneda in Tokyo is excellent, and the wine and champagne list is amazing at anytime

canucklad
    Participant

I’m deliberately avoiding lounges and airside restaurants , rather a place you can have a final meal with family, friends or indeed clients . With that in mind , I’d go for YVR

Firstly the range of options and price ranges allows for choice, but since the topic title uses the word “dining” rather than food I’ll recommend the following…….

Vino Volo located in the main terminal (domestic) is a nice mixture of wine and food
    But the place to be, and it’s a bit of a cop out, is in the Fairmont Hotel !!

2 places to choose from, both do fantastic local cuisine from BC and as you never leave the terminal building to enjoy the local weather I’ll nominate it as best airport dining on the globe!!

Maaki
    Participant

Although just a small airport, it houses the best “Airport-Restaurant”, I have ever seen: Stuttgart (STR) and the “Restaurant Top Air”.
    This is a real restaurant (star decorated, although I don´t care so much about this…) with an exeptional menu.

At many other destinations I recall some nice restaurants nearby the airport, but none really in the airport.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls