BA's M&S on-board menu service

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Balwant Singh
    Participant

BA’s M&S on-board menu service has relegated BA to being worse than most budget airlines. I ordered a hot sandwich and a bottle of prosecco on the flight from Heathrow to Gibraltar on 24 April 2017. Payment for the sandwich was taken immediately and the sandwich was delivered within 15 minutes. When I asked for the prosecco, the crew member told me they could not serve drinks and cold food to rows at the rear (I was in row 24) before they served those in front! I was flabbergasted. I asked how they were able to serve hot food to rows at the rear before those in front. This was met with silence and rudeness from BA staff. I then said I would like to return my sandwich and get a refund, which was refused – the BA staff member that was not possible! I was finally served the prosecco 1.5 hours after I was served the hot sandwich, the latter was stone cold by that time. I asked to speak to the Customer Service Manager at least three times and he finally spoke to me after we landed. This is shambolic! Shame on you BA for such incompetence and poor service.

capetonianm
    Participant

Another shot in their own foot for BA. I see nothing wrong with them selling M&S food on board, it can only be better than the previous offerings (or lack of), but it’s counter productive if they don’t manage the sales and distribution properly, as this clearly illustrates.

More people should take a stand and complain, unfortunately most just accept third rate service as it spirals into becoming the norm. I now only fly BA if there is no viable alternative, and since I have the luxury of time, and am not in the price sensitive sector of the market, this means that most of the time I can avoid BA.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Really they should be sent on CX short haul when training to see what customer service is! You may not get Prosecio but a reasonable white wine free within 5mins of your snack! They do it by eye signal and “white wine” from the meal service trolley to the first person exiting the galley and its delivered promptly while the meal service continues. From then on whenever you ask, another, even come around with the last of the bottle when seat belt signs are on rather than throw it away!

Flightlevel
    Participant

Prosecco!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

As I posted last year, well before this was announced and when BoB was speculation

1 – nothing wrong with the principle
    2 – I doubted BA’s ability to manage BoB, due to lack of management experience

Nothing I’ve seen so far convinces me that I was wrong on point 2.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls