BA/QR comparison

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

Was looking at a very quick LHR-SYD trip in November. For the same dates QR is £9300
    and BA £4900. Are people really paying this kind of premium or is this just a function
    of the dates I chose? A carrier would really have to be special for me to pay that kind
    of upgrade..

garrison76
    Participant

I would never even pay the £4900!

Edski777
    Participant

These seem like list prices with full flexibility. I don’t think anyone would ever pay these prices.
    Check with your travel agent or a website like Skyscanner.com for the real prices and availability.

openfly
    Participant

Check with Dial-a-Flight….best prices and service!

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Openfly + 1

FaroFlyer
    Participant

DialaFlight appears to be ex-UK only. I prefer FlightMatrix, or Kayak, to find the best options for my preferences, then book direct with the airline.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

There is currently an Emirates seat sale which also covers business class.

How short is short ? You didn’t say exactly when you were travelling but I have just checked and a short trip out from London on Nov 7 and back from Sydney on November 10 is priced on Emirates.com at £3,672.

JamesTC
    Participant

That £9300 price seems very strange. Even if you were unlucky enough to pick dates when only the top fully flex J fare was available both ways, it would still only be around £8000. As others have said, you should be able to find a fare around the £4000 mark, or less if you’re prepared to dig around. Alternatively BA are offering their one-way upgrade to F on semi-flex fares, so Business one-way and First the other is around £6000.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I use Kayak to compare and only after go to the airline’s website. That said, James nailed it. With QR moreover, it just take one Qatari family travelling together to see the prices going up dramatically.

As for Emirates, they need to load up their lorries, so they regularly are killing the prices. I was for instance forced to fly with them to BKK last year as all the decent airlines were much more expensive and the client was (rightfully) reluctant to pay for the difference.

nevereconomy
    Participant

Sorry – didn’t make it clear – was checking F fares..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Mrs.LP flies QR often and finds the best prices are when booked 2 – 4 weeks before travel. I’ve found the same with EK and other airlines

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls