Bangkok meetup for Forum members – December 2017

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)

• Tramor01
    Participant

I’m UK based, but attended the BKK dinner as I happened to be working in the region – excellent venue, excellent food, excellent company 🙂
    I’d definitely be interested being included in the list

JKL
    Participant

Perhaps there should be a rule that anyone conducting research, or promoting their own business, has to pay the entire bill – and everyone’s travel to/from the event 😉

stevescoots
    Participant

Sign me up, I enjoyed the London meetup a few months back but had to bail on the BKK one at the last minute, UK, DXB, BKK and HKG all work well for me

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Great idea and I look forward to participating in a few. Cape Town is a must as well. There are quite a few of us in the area.

cwoodward
    Participant

This seems to me like a close to perfect way for us frequent business flyers to enjoy each others company over dinner and I would support any venue in Asia at any time and Europe SA or Australasia if I am in the area .
    Does the idea having a guest speaker from the industry have legs as it could perhaps give the gatherings some focus and form? On the other hand perhaps it could then tend to become too structured.
    If from an airline/ hotel chain then perhaps they could be enticed to make a small contribution, or small industry related gift.
    Just thoughts !

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I will start a fresh thread for this if necessary, but in the interests of following up on the above-mentioned, we are holding a social a wine tasting in the cellars of The Stafford Hotel, London, next month.

Further details are available on the below link.

https://businesstravellerevents.com/events/business-traveller-events-wine-tasting

Many thanks

Tom

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=902271]https://businesstravellerevents.com/events/business-traveller-events-wine-tasting

Many thanks

Tom[/quote]

What a shame, I’d have loved to attend but get back from NY that morning. Next time hopefully.
    Thanks for putting it on though Tom, should be good fun.

cwoodward
    Participant

Tom,
    What is the possibility of setting up something similar in Hong Kong under the umbrella of the Hong Kong based Asia Pacific edition if there were sufficient interest?
    Having been here for over 40 years and a member of various clubs etc. I would gladly render assistance if in any way needed.
    The Chinnery at the Mandarin Oriental would be a marvelous venue as would the Jockey Club Clubhouse at the top of Happy Valley but I am certain that there would be many other suggestions

MartynSinclair
    Participant

As this thread has been resurrected….

If any one happens to be in BKK between 18th and 22nd December, I will be pleased to arrange a last minute dinner along the lines of last years very enjoyable get together, Please reply on thread.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I really wish I’d made the last one, and sadly I can’t do this one as I leave with the family on the 18th. Have a good trip and enjoy any meet up there.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=902572]Tom,

What is the possibility of setting up something similar in Hong Kong under the umbrella of the Hong Kong based Asia Pacific edition if there were sufficient interest?

Having been here for over 40 years and a member of various clubs etc. I would gladly render assistance if in any way needed.

The Chinnery at the Mandarin Oriental would be a marvelous venue as would the Jockey Club Clubhouse at the top of Happy Valley but I am certain that there would be many other suggestions[/quote]

It is something we are actively planning – and those venues would, indeed, be good choices.

thank you
    Tom

Tramor01
    Participant

Hi Martyn
    As it happens I’ll be in BKK from 16th to 19th December, so the 18th would suit me fine.
    I’m flying home on the 19th

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@tramor01 – 18th is in my diary. Please come to floor 24 of where you met me before, say 6.30pm and we can go from there.

Kind regards

Tramor01
    Participant

Hi Martyn,
    I may well be staying there
    See you on the 18th

1 user thanked author for this post.

traveldoc1
    Participant

Aaaahhhh! Will miss it again! Depart for UK on 12th December for Christmas break. Trust those who manage to attend have a good evening.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls