Bangkok Airways KUL

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Traveller73
    Participant

Looking at booking Bangkok Airways from Kuala Lumpur to Koh Samui on direct flight. Does anyone know if there is lounge access for C Class? Can’t find anything on line relating to KUL but references to lounges in Koh Samui/Bangkok etc. Many thanks.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

cant remember if it is only out of BKK but I thought Bangkok Air have a “gate lounge” area with wifi and snacks…

CharlesRhona
    Participant

Anytime I have flown with Bangkok Airways they have had a lounge available to all travellers and a separate lounge for business travellers. The ordinary lounge is very acceptable with soft drinks, snacks, tea and coffee. These lounges were the domestic lounges at BKK, USM and PKT and the International Lounge in USM.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Flown several sectors with Bangkok Airways in the last 18 months, including the KUL- USM, BKK-USM sectors.

The BKK lounge is rather tired, and poor quality cheap saccharin squash, and water and syrup hot drinks, and when we went, it was not very clean. Better to buy food and drink outside.

Samui Airport retains a laid back feel, with better facilities food and drinks, although still basic. Its open plan and so free to be able to sit without windows, in a coconut hut style area! It must be one of the most unique airports in the world, open and free, really quite enjoyable.

I am not sure that KUL has a lounge that C customers will use, but it would be a partner lounge, as there is no BKK Airways hub there.

Many of the aircraft are in a run down state, and not very clean, and i say that from travelling on 6 flights and different types of aircraft. One seat i had, tape clear gaffer tape covered over a huge hole in the Right arm of the seat. The seat cushions were dusty and filthy when picked up, with debris underneath, weeks old. Not pleasant at all.

Having said that, the crews worked hard and rapidly, and the food on board in Y was very good.

However, where possible, I would always stay with Thai Airways or Malaysia Airlines for travel with and between the two countries. Malaysia especially have excellent fares, (£50 incl between BKK – KUL 1 way), and Thai larger aircraft, better lounges and excellent on board.

C class on BKK Airways is nothing special and nothing near what the above two Airlines offer. Air Asia is also very reasonable decent aircraft for Y travel between islands, where others do not fly (eg Krabi – KUL).

Swissdiver
    Participant

Not sure, Marcus, we are talking about the same airline…

I love PG BKK lounge for its atmosphere and good service, with cold towels being given upon arrival. After a long flight from Europe, and BKK immigration, it is a treat! USM’s on the other side is quite basic. Didn’t fly from KUL with PG so cannot comment.

And for me, PG Business class is one of the best short haul product I know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls