BAEC Reward tickets in Club and First

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Hello christophe

I can see availability in F o/w between 14-16/4. With avios bookings it is always best to look for 2 o/w tickets.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Thank you Andrew66, the BA Amex card, now it makes sense.

Thunderbirds
    Participant

cristopheL
    Does anyone ever succeeded in booking reward tickets in Club or First from LHR to SYD?
    The basic answer is yes, but not surprisingly you have to be quick, flexible and have a dash of luck. In March last year I had two F tickets LHR-SYD for my honeymoon. These were 2-4-1 (sorry cityprofessional) and were booked 11 months in advance on the very day the 2-4-1 voucher hit my account (luck). Having been to Bermuda this year (two tickets 2-4-1) I thought I would have another go at LHR-SYD, This time I’ve had to book two F 2-4-1 to SIN and then E onwards to SYD a couple of days later as there was no availability. I decided to pick up the two SIN tickets whilst they were available (quick). I’m also taking the opportunity to spend a couple of days in SIN before flying on to SYD (flexible). I’m expecting to upgrade the SIN-SYD leg to F between now and February next year (more luck?) as availability can open up nearer the departure date.
    By the way you could always do Tokyo, there is almost always availability…

6Continents
    Participant

We did a 2-4-1 to SYD in First over Easter this year; this was booked 355 days in advance. 315,000 points and the 2-4-1.

Since the Qantas/BA JSA ended this year BA F award availability on the SIN-SYD route has simply disappeared. The only seats I see now are during the southern hemisphere winter.

You need to be very very flexible with dates and check everyday between midnight and 2am 355 days in advance to stand any chance of getting any seats. You may need to follow the advice of others by flying to Sydney from Tokyo/Hong Kong etc.with other One world Airlines.

fatbear
    Participant

In April I was able to use my Amex Companion voucher to book LHR-SYD in F for travel in November. There was only one flight available in each direction, but fortunately the dates were convenient for our requirements

fatbear
    Participant

Previous usage of my Amex companion vouchers have been for flights to Antigua or Dubai in Business class. It usually requires booking well in advance and flexibility and where/when to go…..

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Fancy heading to Sydney using an avios reward redemption?

Several (no limit mentioned) seats tonight on BA11/BA15 via Singapore in both Premium Economy and also in Club World.

5 Premium Economy seats on the BA15 all the way through tomorrow.

Sunday’s BA15 sees 8 seats in PE, 5 in Club, 2 in F. 2 F on the 11/15 combo as well.

Plenty of Club World availability for the days after that as well.

Of course, Gold card holders always have economy availability, and can opt to use double miles for any award, and there are other ways of forcing award availability.

Note that the 2for1 voucher can be used on one way tickets, too.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Out of curiosity, my AMEX Plat in based out of the UK (I live in Belgium and Holland) but is not a BA AMEX. These 2-4-1 vouchers so many of you discuss, how are they obtained, and are they only for BA AMEX cards as it might suit me to change my card? Thanks in advance for any advice.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

The Amex 2for1 is only for UK BA Amex holders; as some sort of compensation, Europeeps get thing like the current 30,000 accumulator bonus:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/earn-bonus-avios/public/en_gb?

There is however a Barclaycard for German people, which does offer a companion voucher, there may be something similar for the Belgians.

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/credit-cards/execclub/_gf/en_de

I once watched a movie called “The Sexual Life of the Belgians”. An impressive 85 minutes long!

SimonS1
    Participant

Interesting. Bookings must be low one assumes, and the airline are dumping the capacity for redemption flights.

Maybe EK/QF are starting to bite.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Thanks SM, I bank in the UK, and as my current AMEX is a UK card I guess I could apply for the BA one, or does it require a British postal address? I am Dutch American (hence my handle) but can advise the Belgian love life is no where near as impressive as your 85 minutes film, probably more along the lines of 5 minutes of action, and 80 of eating Frites and Moules.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Awards are available, and they’re accused of dumping capacity.

Rewards unavailable due to being sold out, or holding back seats for paying passengers, and BA is painted as a tight fisted capitalist defrauding the common man.

Comical.

SimonS1
    Participant

Most people plan redemption trips to Australia months ahead, not days or hours.

Why weren’t the seats available for redemption flights weeks earlier? Obviously as they thought they would sell them and can’t. Doesn’t sound like great yield management to me if there are “plenty” available in the next few days.

Comical.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Yes, that was my experience, dutchyankee! 😉

If you have a UK address and have obtained credit/UK Amex then I can’t see why you couldn’t obtain a UK BA Amex (I have several UK Amex cards, as well as a couple of multicurrency cards for overseas use).

However be aware that the UK Amex will not credit avios earned, or indeed your 2for1 voucher, unless your BAEC account is also UK based. The good news is that it simply accrues the voucher and avios until you move your account to the UK (you can move once every six months).

It seems there is now a fashion to “BritCheat” to access the BA Amex and its benefits. How the tables have turned!

dutchyankee
    Participant

Brilliant SM, many thanks! I will look into this today.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls