BA84 31DEC – This is an emergency!

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

BarbicanLondon
    Participant

Travelled on BA84 on 31 December from YVR to LHR – about 5 hours into the flight rudely awoken by “This is an emergency this is an emergency the plane will be making an emergency landing”…..or words to that effect, I can’t remember exact words BUT was a very clear and loud recorded announcement!

Staff came through after a few minutes to say the announcement had been set off by accident……

Was a very surreal experience and I’m not sure if my initial recation was any use but I opened the window blind to see if we were over land or water!

openfly
    Participant

Let’s see what this button does…..

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Sounds scary…… I hope BA issued passengers with emergency underpants 🙂

Charles-P
    Participant

Many years ago I was at a nuclear power plant when a similar recorded announcement went off. The man I was with calmly opened the window of his office and with a cheery “follow me” jumped out (we were on the ground ) and landed in a flower bed.

We assembled at a bunker nearby but as expected it was a false alarm. Later he told me he had on his first day worked out this was his quickest route to the bunker and he used it every time there was an alarm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls