BA: unable to check in?! London City Protests – Black Lives Matter

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Interesting piece in The Times about the “well-educated white protesters of Black Lives Matter”

Apparently Natalie Jeffers, the leader of Black Lives Matter UK was, at the time of the runway protest about Climate Change, flying to Brazil to address a feminist conference at a luxurious beach resort (the words are from the Times piece by Melanie Phillips)

Spoilt brats are consumed by the West’s evil

“When they received conditional discharges, one of the protesters, Natalie Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes, muttered; “Go white privilege!” apparently objecting that the court had treated them leniently because they were white.”

Charles-P
    Participant

Tom – reminds me of the story about the protest at Heathrow from a group called Plane Stupid, one of their number wanted the banning off all flights but was seen later that month flying to Scotland. He defended his flight as “justifiable because I have an important meeting in Scotland”

TheLion
    Participant

I strongly support BLM. Blocking the tunnel at LHR was an action I was in complete agreement with. That said, the method chosen for the LCY protest was of the wrong sort; lying down on a runway is potentially dangerous for many reasons.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

The Lion – would you have been so sympathetic had you missed a key meeting, been unable to get to a sick family member or relative, had to purchase another ticket because your flight had been cancelled or had any other plans disrupted. I doubt it. For the record all lives matter regardless. Aside from the security breach, serious enough in itself, why they were not removed with minimum force in double quick time is disappointing. Then again the politically correct elite would have been on their high horses.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I will say this only once.

ALL LIVES MATTER

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls