BA Mixed Fleet vote on strike action

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

• 747foreverforus
    Participant

Obviously the offer wasn’t good enough, especially now they have to deal with irate passengers who can’t buy food or drinks because they have run out, they really need to get BOB sorted out or ditch it altogether

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

BBC news says – Unite said the action is about benefits not being reinstated for crew who took part in earlier industrial action.-

Concessionary travel is not contracted as part of employment as unite have stated it is a benefit…..

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Eu 261 for cancelled flights or will this be outside BA’s control…??

Already booked on 3 sectors during the period in question…

Flightlevel
    Participant

Good luck for travel then ‘though management of staff is surely entirely within a company’s control – its the board’s direct responsibility, and not re-instating benefits does appear a bit mean?
    When you consider AA has increased salaries to the market level, that’s better management.

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Flightlevel

Participant
    Good luck for travel then ‘though management of staff is surely entirely within a company’s control – its the board’s direct responsibility, and not re-instating benefits does appear a bit mean?
    When you consider AA has increased salaries to the market level, that’s better management.

Why should BA re-intestate them? I would like to think BA would do after a period of time (perhaps loose them for 6 months?) the news reports state this is the reason for the action, not the pay as that was sorted out. Mixed fleet knew their terms and conditions when accepting the position. It is the Airline, passengers and the legacy crew that gets my sympathy, not the “Hat crew”.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=811316]Eu 261 for cancelled flights or will this be outside BA’s control…??

Already booked on 3 sectors during the period in question…
    [/quote]

When SAS crew went on strike a couple of years ago, it was announced just as we were about to board CPH to ORD, in fact, pre-boarding was already underway.

As a consequence, I was rebooked next day on LH via FRA, arriving into ORD 24 hours late.

2 things happened following;

A) Compensation was denied due to “strike action being outside the control of SAS (I checked the legality of this claim & was assured by a lawyer friend that strike action is (was) outside of the EU compensation rules.
    B) I received only 50% of the miles/tier points due to LH operated flights offering much lower miles per sector – this meant that I missed Diamond level for a year (short around 2,000 points) as a direct result of SAS strike action

In summary, they were not willing to pay any kind of compensation & I dropped down a status level. Even though it was very obviously the reason my account had slipped, SAS wouldn’t budge on the matter and I was downgraded to Gold for a year.

rferguson
    Participant

This will be another non event. A tiny fraction of flights will be cancelled – if that. And it will be done as far in advance or to another flight that will not exceed the required three hours delay to original timing to avoid compensation.

The kids on Mixed Fleet are a different generation. They seem to think that they will get what they want by balloting for strike action, posting angry comments on Facebook…..and then coming into work during the strike anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls