BA Miles sale

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

ndf1260
    Participant

Does anyone have any inside info on when or if BA will be doing a miles sale this year? For the last couple of years they have launched last week in November, but no sign yet!
    Any ideas!?

Baggageinhall
    Participant

I assume you are referring to last year’s 50% off sale in all cabins for award tickets? If so, it hasn’t been something that BA has done ‘for the last couple of years’.

Most believe that it was a one-off sale designed to take advantage of (i) a high YQ charge that was due to drop after the sale and (ii) that it would provide a timely boost to their future reservations data prior to a report to the city.

I don’t think we will see it happen again!

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Yes your right – it was a one-off I think. Be nice if it happened again, but if it does I doubt they would do it routinely at exactly the same time, otherwise who’d book redemptions any other time of the year?

Binman62
    Participant

They have offered 50% off economy cabin seats only in the last few months to Denver and currently to a destination in the Carribean. It has only applied to this one cabin but it did provide a return ticket for just 25,000 miles plus all their fees and charges.
    They have recently ended a miles sale where you could buy miles and get 25% more than would normally be given.
    Like others, I think last year was a one off and glad I took full advantage. That said the parlous state of their finances, the continuing threat of a strike, the mountain of milage liability, and the lack of any premium passengers generally, may force their hand early next year. I flew to Germany on Friday in a full m cabin and not a single c class passenger in the 6 rows in front of me. My last flight in F from Beijing 2 weeks ago had just me in the cabin and 14 in club.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Unlikely when they losing £260M, & have huge pension deficits.
    The FF program is in itself a liability of value, having introduced low cost similar charges, cut back on meals, desperately trying to bleed BA Passengers for more on top of fares…
    Most Airlines only deduct mileage on a route that is forecast to have poor load factors…this must include most BA routes at the moment.

No problems anyhow if your Airline’s crews are so Unhappy that they are on strike…more appropriate PR for Walsh.

Airpocket
    Participant

Does anyone know which of BA’s routes actually make a profit?

JackyLek
    Participant

LHR-JFK

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls