Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

sadabouttheBA
    Participant

I called BA to ask for help booking an Avios reward flight from Heathrow to Orlando on 24th October, returning to the UK on 31st October. Clearly a busy time as half term…

I could see from the website there was no Avios availability however one of the main reasons I’ve stuck with BA and gained gold membership is because of the following membership benefit:

If there is no availability in your chosen cabin or on the flight, with the Gold Priority Reward you have the option of using double the regular Avios to secure a seat of your choice on the flight, providing you book 30 days or more in advance. All you have to do is call us to make the arrangements.

The lady I spoke to in reservations told me that the revenue management team would not allow any reward availability to be opened up in the flights I was asking about – which is a direct contradiction of the stated membership benefit.

She transferred me to the exec club team.. who answered the phone after five mins and then hung up immediately (I guess call centre is very busy).

I’ve emailed BA but has anybody else had an experience like this? Any advice?

duncan1
    Participant

Good morning sadabouttheBA. I am also a BA Gold card holder, The rule does apply and I have used it. However, the problem is that on the return flight there are no seats available in Club World. There has to be availability in D/C or R fare classes in Club World cabin I seem to remember. If you are able to slightly amend your dates outbound 26th October and return Sunday 2nd November you would be fine as 2 flights per day and wide open, although I realize perhaps you are travelling with kids so the return is not perfect. Hope this helps and good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls