BA extending BAEC Tier Level as Compo

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

• Intheair
    Blocked

FDOS

Sorry to disappoint you – I am not going away.

As I said, your posts say more about you than perhaps you realise

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Have nice weekend.

Bye.

mkcol74
    Participant

[quote quote=817976]If the poster had a renewed gold card from this year, shouldn’t the original expiry date be April 2018?

[/quote]

No @Intheair when you get gold you have it for the remainder of the year you’re in, plus another full year.

I (deliberately) managed my flights to be after 8th March (end of my collection year) in order that I would maximise the duration of gold through my flying.

FYI – 8th of the month is the collection year end. End of the following calendar month is the card status level expiry.

mkcol74
    Participant

[quote quote=817991]This would be my take:
    If mkcol74’s renewal year started on 1st May 2017, she’d need to earn 1,500 TP’s anytime over the next 12 months / prior to 30th April 2018, and then would get another 12 months of Gold, to take her through to 30th April 2019.
    It sounds like she obtained 1,500 TP’s in the first half of May (impressive amount of flying!), hence why she is gold until 30th April 2019. Or 30th April 2020 given BA’s largesse. Or lack thereof, as if they were going to extend gold by 2 years, as mkcol74 had already achieved gold until 30th April 2019, strictly speaking it should now be extended to 30th April 2021.

I could of course have this completely wrong!

[/quote]

Again @AlanOrton1 you’ve pretty much nailed it on the head.
    Except for one, perhaps minor to some but to me, very significant detail.

I’m my husband’s husband. This is something we’ve both faced since we got married ~7 years ago and highlights what a heteronormative society we live in.

I’ll park that, as I’m here to talk about flying, travelling & stuff like that.

Switzerlanding
    Participant

@intheair Not sure what the issue is with the post from FDOS_UK TBH, he’s pretty balanced on this topic and actually IMO correct

AlanOrton1
    Participant

@mkcol74 – please accept my unreserved apologies.

No offence was intended and I hope you can accept it as no more than clumsiness on my part.

I’d started off using he’d, then edited my post to she’d, then thought perhaps I should have used they’d, but thought it might then have read as possibly mysoginistic.

Enough of my babbling – safe and happy flying to you both

mkcol74
    Participant

@AlanOrton1 Thank you & don’t worry – it didn’t seem intentional at all, which is why I’d not spouted off some hissy-fit.

K1ngston
    Participant

To bring back to normality, a question if I may… will everyone get extended for 1 year subject to the tier they were on? Thank you for your help I have lost the thread with all the “bitterness”

AlanOrton1
    Participant

@K1ngston – I don’t think so, I think the offer was made to those who had flights around the time of the IT outage

K1ngston
    Participant

I am really not sure why my message was “reported for inappropriate content”? I hope that it wasn’t construed that I was in anyway discussing or highlighting mkcol74 and his circumstances? My comments were made at the spat of word between others…

Thank you for your response AlanOrton1

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Well. it wasn’t me who reported it and there are way too many instances of the button being pushed for no good reason.

Don’t worry about it.

But to be fair, the ‘spat’ was one by person (who could start a fight in a room with no other occupants).

K1ngston
    Participant

Thanks FDOS_UK …

Intheair
    Blocked

Dear FDOS

. or otherwise known as the Court Jester.

I think if you could learn to read and understand, rather than engaging finger before brain, you might wind up others less.

… and not have to fly an airline regularly you continually deride

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=818220]Dear FDOS

. or otherwise known as the Court Jester.

I think if you could learn to read and understand, rather than engaging finger before brain, you might wind up others less.

… and not have to fly an airline regularly you continually deride

[/quote]

Have a nice day.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls