BA Executive Club

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

acireale
    Participant

I am a long standing BA Customer that has held a BA Silver or Gold card for the last 10 years. I have tried for the last 2 months (literally) to add an infant to a booking made with miles. I will spare you all the details but suffice to say that after 9 phone calls to the Executive Club in the US (all with a waiting time of at least 10 minutes) and two email to Customer service, BA still has not been able to add him to the booking despite me having provided a credit card to pay the tax. Today I called again the Executive Club line and after 40 minutes on the phone I was told by the Executive Club representative that they could not add the infant . My travel is now imminent and I am not sure what to do.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

First of all, I assume your child is under 2 since you say s/he is an “infant”. Are you trying to get the ticket on points or as a paid ticket? It would only be worth doing so as a paid ticket I imagine unless you are trying to get a separate seat for him/her – in which case you have to pay the child (rather than infant) fare. Why don’t you just buy an infant ticket, but from a travel agent rather than through the Executive Club? From memory they are 10% of the standard fare so it shouldn’t break the bank. Then when they start saying that there must be an accompanying adult, just produce your own boking

Apologies if you already tried that., and I have to say I am not sure it will work, but it might be worth a try!

David
    Participant

I have recently taken one of my children (an infant) on BA to the US. I used BA miles for my ticket and the infant was added (as a lap child) for 10% of the miles required for my ticket (plus some taxes). We did this for travel for our daughter last year (when she was still classified as an infant) and had no problems then either. While we made all of our bookings at the same time, I am at a lost why you are having such troubles simply trying to add an infant (lap child) at a later date.

What reason is BAEC giving you for not being able to help?

nevereconomy
    Participant

Anytime lounge access was pretty much the only Gold benefit I ever used – about 4 times per year , so not likely to bankrupt BA. Other than that the award availabitly is next to non-existent – Gold EC for 15 years and never any Club availabilty in less than 6-8 months and even Fist very limited 4-5 months out now. This is for PHL-LHR where very often only 3-4 First seats taken ( and most of those Glaxo-SmithKline discounts or upgrades) and many Club seats open as 2 daily flights. Not renewing Gold this year as US Airways will have the new Business seat this year into Manchester, so can spare myself the heathrow hassle and do my Asian travel on SQ or TG. If I take the miles on LH M&M they hve good premium award availability.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Is it possible to print an itinerary from the BA website, but without your locator showing?

Just not happy about sending it with my locator showing.

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

No – but you can email it to another person (or yourself) then print it but before you email it you need to leave the tick box blank that says
    “Please tick here if this email is to be sent to a person who is named in this booking”

MartynSinclair
    Participant

thanks, will try that,

EDIT

Many thanks, serves the purpose well. I was hoping though, for the same smart BA format, just without the locator showing, top right

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

You could always print it, then blank the locator out before scanning it?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I dont favour sending out a document where something has been marked out. It sends out a “what am I hiding” message.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls