BA Club World food sourced from Iceland?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

• Deleted_User
    Participant

I am easily pleased LP, and was very happy with my 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream 🙂 I’m just a big kid…

Fortunately, I don’t have to worry about calories!

Papillion53
    Participant

I believe the choccie Fondant in F was one of the inspired Olympic dishes and therefore may no longer be available in F – I’m sure one of our CC Posters could let us know. We did have a similar chocolate pud back to LHR, but it wasn’t quite the same.

SimonHb – what is it with you chaps and vanilla ice-cream???? Gosh there was a quick sprint to the ice-cream section in the SIN F lounge by the DH when we were there! He was a very happy bunny!

Have you tried the new Magnum Ice-cream?? Vanilla and chocolate? If you like Magnums, you will know that lovely sensation when you bite into the crunchy chocolate coating and have a mouthful of that and the ice-cream. then all the chocolate is gone and you’re left with just the ice-cream. Well the ice-cream in the tubs is just like that first bite with the chocolate and the ice-cream all the way through – it seems like they’ve put bits of the crunchy chocolate through the ice-cream – delicious!

We also has strawberry crumble Magnums in Oz – never seen them here.

Don’t know if Iceland sell Magnums? 😉 🙂

What really bugs me when travelling in CW, is when WT+ pax raid the CW fridge and empty it all out and the CC – on our flight anyway – did absolutely nothing about it, just standing there when I was up looking for something to snack on and some guy came from WT+ and barged in and helped himself! The CC said that she couldn’t stop them. Why not?

I have read on another airline forum under something like tips for travelling in WT+ “raid the CW fridge”. – so there you go! To me that’s stealing! They didn’t pay for it, so why the heck should they think they are entitled to it?

Thank goodness posters on this forum are above such “tips”! And hopefully such behaviour! 🙂

Papillion53
    Participant

Simonhb – LOL! I know exactly what you mean!!! half price in Tesco right now! LOL!

lloydah
    Participant

papillion53 – not quite the same scenario but last time I was propping up the bar on Virgin to BOS one of the unwashed came through and asked for a bottle of water. The crew member behind the bar, can’t call her a bar maid! – was very quick to point out that they would find it in “their part of the aircraft”. I was waiting for an “and don’t come past the curtain again” such was her tone.

Papillion53
    Participant

Simonhb – sorry to tempt you and then nae tesco! 🙁 😉

Lloydah – quite right too! 😉

I remember in the hotels, people would pinch stuff put out for conference breaks – you can imagine, adjacent meetings rooms, some on the enhanced day rate which probably included bacon butties mid-morning, cakes and scones in the afternoon etc., and the room along the hall on the budget day rate where they got the infamous “Rover” biscuits.

I had to console a poor conference porter one day when the budget people sneakily rescheduled their break earlier and timed it so they were out just as this poor guy had left all the goodies for the “enhanced” people and when he went back to the kitchen for their biscuits, they proceeded to scoff the lot! No evidence left!

He was quite upset and of course, what proof did we have? It had all been eaten! LOL!

So not only on aircraft!

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls