BA allowing 5 guests to enter the T5/T3 and LGW lounges…..

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• openfly
    Participant

…..until 13th Jan. So when you get turned away due to lack of space don’t be surprised!!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well families instead of businessmen. Makes full sense to me.

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

As a Gold card holder I have always felt that the rule of “one guest, every time” was less than useful, and it would be better if it was replaced by, eg, 10 guest passes a year, to be used at any time. Nearly all my trips are, predictably, on business and alone, and the privilege of taking a guest is therefore wasted. Two to four times a year I travel on holiday with my family, and it is very annoying that I can take either my wife or my daughter into the lounge but not both – though to be fair most lounge dragons relent, especially away from the UK where the lounge is often not very busy.

The alternative would be for travellers to be able to buy one-off lounge passes for family members travelling with them. I suspect you would have to make it “subject to space being available” but the idea of setting an actual monetary value on lounge access might be quite revealing for both BA and their customers. It is quite possible that there is a pretty major disconnect between what it costs to run a lounge per head of people using it, and the amount that people would pay if it was not free. At any rate, it might help BA in their decisions on where to open new lounges, how large to make them, whether to offer two classes of lounge at an airport (ie First/Gold and Club/Silver) and so on.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

can someone explain the thread title please.. is this a special offer over the Christmas and New Year period.. haven’t seen it on the BA website?

openfly
    Participant

@MartynSinclair….it was in a round robin from BA a few days ago, as part of their Xmas greetings!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Any chance of someone posting a link to the ’round robin’

fatbear
    Participant

In T3 Business lounge at the moment – an absoulute zoo. Hardly a haven of tranquillity…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls