BA – Advice please!

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• miningguy
    Participant

@capetonian

– Submitted a Golden Ticket for the CSD.
    – Written a letter to BA re: the whole drama.

Company creeping towards a point where I can also become a little less cost sensitive 🙂 A few more years of BA to go though!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I hope the CSD doesn’t get into trouble for upgrading the passenger.

miningguy
    Participant

Yeah we had similar thoughts and therefore didn’t mention the “solution”; just simply the “CSD quickly and promptly found a solution to our dilemma. She was thoughtful and clearly cared very much about bring us some satisfaction. BA are very lucky to have such a great team member”.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Well done.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@miniguy – please accept my apologies in advance for this post, which I am sure many posters will not agree with.

Firstly, I am pleased that a solution was found for your wife and I can understand why you are pleased with the solution. I also accept the CSD had very few other options.

However, to upgrade any passenger from WT to F, I believe is appalling. I understand that the bassinets were not fully loaded and I understand the flight was very full & I also wonder how BA will view this upgrade when the CSD has her next management review & the golden ticket is discussed.

What other solution could have been found – I don’t know, I wasn’t on the flight, but moving a passenger for WT to F, especially when it involves a baby, in my mind is wrong.

1000 apologies miniguy and to Mrs Miniguy… but these are just my thoughts..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m also delighted you enjoyed Cape Town. It’s a great city and I love they keep the tradition of the noon day gun.
    My advice if you go again as a family, and I’m sure you will, is if in the southern summer months, try Edelweiss airlines. They are very family friendly with wonderful service and they are using the A330 or A340 on the route. One day I’ll get round to doing a review of them.

capetonianm
    Participant

I love they keep the tradition of the noon day gun

I wonder if you know the lovely (probably apocryphal) story about the noon gun.

A tourist was up on Signal Hill at noon as they were preparing to fire it, and asked the person in charge how they kept it so accurate. They showed him a telescope which was accurately focused onto a beautiful carriage clock in an expensive jeweller in Adderley Street.

The next day, the tourist found himself walking down Adderley Street, and recognising the shop and the clock, went and asked how accurate the clock was.
    “We check it every day against the Noon Gun, Sir,” he was told.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls