BA A380 provisional seat map

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)

• HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

I agree, Ian.

The SQ business class seat is absudly wide (even for someone my size!!) and the ergonomics are very poor.

I must admit to enjoying using their First Suite although I found that a little over the top!

@ VintageKrug – 11/02/2013 10:06 GMT

Do you know of any other routes the A380 will initially be used on?

Binman62
    Participant

It is scheduled to,operate this route to aid training and I am not aware that it is being planned to operate anywhere else however given BA shorthal era toon is subject to change it could be almost anywhere that can take an A380.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I must say that if I had to go from London to Madrid on business, the last thing I would want is an A380 with 450 peeps getting on/off.

Stuff the novelty value, I choose a different flight.

Thanks Binman – I guess CDG and FRA would be prime candidates.

FDoS – I have only flown on it once to Singapore and I wasn’t too impressed. I paid for extra legroom on the upper deck in Eco. That I got, but the seats were uncomfortable and getting in and out of my window seat was quite difficult given the slope of the fuselage.

KSHaggag
    Participant

The A380 might be a phenomenal piece of euipment for airlines economics and the environment ,which in itself is great !..however the last one who really benefited from that a/c is the passenger ,since unfortunately most airlines ( so far ) who have launched A380 operations have squeezed seats in all cabins ( except First ) making it as congested as another smaller type ,resulting in looooooooong queues to board and deplane ..long times to taxi if the right slot is busy for a reason or another ,tighter business class cabins ,etc….some carriers have nevertheless introduced some innovative features to alleviate the effect of the congestion like the EK bar and lounge ,the KE lounge ,bar and free shop ,etc….passengers are really disappointed ( especially biz class ones ) at the level of space they get on board that a/c ….Long ago ,the revolutionary 747 in the early 70s used to offer spacious lounges and bars ,buffets ,etc on board for Premium customers ..today in the 21st century ,we are just applauding airlines for a tiny bar ..where is the creativity ?…the innovation ?….I choose the A380 when am seeking a smooth ride ,including take off and landing ,to be frank ..otherwise ,what is there in it for me as a business class flyer ?..I wonder which airline will truly bring back the glory to flying !.

joeash8
    Participant

The airline you are looking for is called Netjets.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thanks joeash8 !…but I can t afford the luxury of private jets !

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls