BA A380 provisional seat map

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 113 total)

• Flyboy18
    Participant

im crew with BA and have just completed my 3 days yearly safety checks…we were told that there would be 22 crew on the A380, with the CSD not serving in the Club Cabin on this aircraft.And the config for the B787 is the same as the Upper deck club cabin on the A380…a 2-3-2 config, with i think 35 seats.

Str8Talking
    Participant

If this is indeed the final version of the seating plan, and aside from the very good point made about swift exits, could it also be the case that by doing this, BA “rewards” loyal customers who can choose seats in advance for free (gold, silver etc…), with seats on the upper deck across all classes? Also, splitting C helps maintain some exclusivity by not having one enormous section of just C.

JordanD
    Participant

Two points I’ve gleened from a number of sources online (including FlyerTalk):

– the CAA won’t allow UK registered/operated aircraft to have capsule type designs for First, as seen on Jet, EK & SQ.
    – The BA current First class design (“Prime”), does not fit properly on the upper deck, and so a version of it will be seen on the lower deck of the A380.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

JordanD – 13/11/2012 10:05 GMT-the CAA won’t allow UK registered/operated aircraft to have capsule type designs for First, as seen on Jet, EK & SQ./i>

Does anyone know why this is the case?

dutchyankee
    Participant

@BeckyBoop, more than likely a safety issue for the CAA due to obstruction of view in the event of an emergency.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

That doesnt stop all the asian and middle east carriers from doing so even lx have it. Nor do any of the fans of this type of product have issues against it so it can be that bad.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

LX have very good F seats but they are not comparable with the suites on SQ, EK or EY.

FWIW the SQ product is in a class of it’s own, the EK and EY ones are similar.

JordanD
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 13/11/2012 11:11 GMT That doesnt stop all the asian and middle east carriers from doing so even lx have it. Nor do any of the fans of this type of product have issues against it so it can be that bad.

Those carriers aren’t governed by CAA rules so can include those products; it’s the same reason that CX & QF (for example) will allow you to use your mobile as soon as the active runway is vacated but BA don’t. Their regulators don’t have a problem with these actions.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I’m not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but the A380 upper deck simply doesn’t fit the 8 across model BA uses on their 744s and 777s.

BA have been forced to put CW on the lower deck as well to cater for the couples, families etc who like the privacy of the twin middle seats and who couldn’t be accomodated on the upstairs lay out.

My bet is that upperdeck will be filled with suits and the lower deck with leisure travellers/ couples/families etc.

Splitting CW isn’t ideal but given that BA are keeping the same NCW seat, there’s no other choice. Having flown on the EK and QF A380 upstairs in J class, there’s no going downstairs anymore! It’s quiet and spacious and gets a thumbs up from me.

Safe travels everyone.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Emirates have 8 across in business on the top deck of their A380s and some people rate it as better than Club World.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Bucksnet,

The EK business class is not a true a across layout as such if you look closely the seats a actually staggered.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/files/News-images/Emirates/A380-launch/IMG_1457.jpg

edited

DontTurnRight
    Participant

The way to go for Business these days is either the Emirates type staggered seating or the new CX type angled seating. From the reviews I read (and indeed my own experience), these clearly seem to be the preferred types of configuration in Business Class. There is no longer any need to fly backwards!

VintageKrug
    Participant

I like flying backwards – nice view out of the window of the wing!

Here’s the British Airways A380 landing at [Hamburg] – not long until it’s delivered, but extra testing needed as it’s the new MTOW variant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOlbjNpCJWA

dutchyankee
    Participant

VK, I am sure you meant landing at Hamburg, and not Frankfurt.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Ah, yes! Got my links mixed up! Looks nice doesn’t it!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 113 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls