BA 777 200 G-ZZZC

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

rodders
    Participant

Flew up last night from the Gulf on the latest 777-300 style refurbed 777, was pleasantly surprised by how good it looked, having used these 777-200 aircraft on many of BA’s Gulf routes it was prior to the makeover looking v old and dated, but with the new interiors in all 4 cabins clearly has some flying years left to go. Service was friendly and efficient on this overnight sector.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Indeed, it’s just a shame BA is not refitting all its 777-200s.

Desertexpat13
    Participant

I understand that G-ZZZA and G-ZZZB will have both been refitted by March 2013 after major overhaul checks that are taking place currently.

VintageKrug
    Participant

So, in fact, it will be refitting all these Middle East range-restricted 777-200s with the full new product and new IFE.

Excellent news!

Desertexpat13
    Participant

Yes full refit both cabin and IFE

JordanD
    Participant

VK – They aren’t range restricted to the Middle East – they can often be found on the East Coast (BOS, EWR) too. And once they are refitted with the same new First (“Prime”) product as elsewhere on the fleet, they may operate to JFK.

The real shame – as Bucksnet mentions – is that the rest of the 777 fleet won’t get the updated WT/WT+ product and new IFE package.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Am a bit surprised as to my understanding the 3 G-ZZZx (the oldest BA B777s and the only non -ER) were supposed to be retired… A change of plan?

VintageKrug
    Participant

These aircraft are were built in 1995 – very well maintained, and perfect for the routes BA currently uses them on.

Probably another 5 or more years left in them, and so well worth an internal refit.

sjc2012
    Participant

Flew on G-ZZZC last week and the new on-demand video was in economy. Massive improvement on the tiny screens.

AP_Traveller
    Participant

Flew on G-ZZZx yesterday from Doha to LHR in Premium Economy and the new cabin, IFE set-up was brilliant.

bacrew1
    Participant

Glad you enjoyed it… The Thales IFE system and new seats are proving quite a hit with our customers!

trusman
    Participant

I cant agree more that the new cabins both look incredibly smart and the new entertainment system is a huge improvement on the old loop system (i annoyingly experienced last night on the way home from Nairobi), however why on earth do the armrests not go all the way up in the new world traveler seats? i find this ridiculous! New seats should be going forward in time not backwards! if the person in front of you has there seat reclined, the aisle arm rest doesn’t go up so its rather ungraceful to get out for the loo! Come on BA such a fundamental thing to overlook!

andystock
    Participant

Flew back from DXB to LHR on club world on a refurb 777-200.,the IFE was a vast improvment than on a 747. Far larger selection and much improved menu. Had a look in world trav plus which looked really smart.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls