BA 747 – Miami Q

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

UKGB – Had a look and ALL three of those flights listed are currently showing to be operated by the refurbished 747’s. 🙂

rferguson
    Participant

Dutchyankee – the MIA incident with the jet bridge makes sense. I think it must be for another reason though as over the coming weeks the BA209 LHR-MIA is still showing as an A380. It seems further out it’s reverting to a 747. Perhaps they are all being cycled through engineering or something.

dutchyankee
    Participant

That makes sense rferguson. With a small fleet of A380’s, whenever one goes tech or through any of the usual maintenance checks, another aircraft type undoubtedly needs to be used. I have never flown on the A380 with any airline yet, but from what I read, I guess if you are expecting an A380 and it has been ‘downgraded’ to another aircraft (although I love the 747) it can be disappointing.

SimonS1
    Participant

@dutchyankee 09.24 – I don’t think that’s right either – the change of plane on Miami from 380 to 747 between March and June was loaded into systems long before the engine accident. There was a thread on here on 4th January where someone had already raised a question about it.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/LHR-MIA#postn_150960

I believe the 380s go to Singapore for maintenance so maybe between end March and end June they are 1 aircraft light. Plus a new A380 is due for delivery on 30th June which will help.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@ SimonS1 – 28/01/2016 10:09 GMT

As I said Simon, I am not sure, it was my thought, that’s all. There was an immediate change on the route following the accident, for obvious reasons, but I guess temporary. I wasn’t aware of planned changes to the route as I tend to fly into MCO or DAB, so happy to stand corrected as you have now done twice.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls