Avios unmissable sale coming up

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

• tangey1
    Participant

Just saw a post on FT from the BA rep confirming that BAEC

“will also have a redemption sale starting at midday on 06 January”

tangey1
    Participant

I got an email from Iberia yesterday regarding their redemption sale – Up to 50% of on some routes, flying up to 8th of April.

Makes me somewhat more optimistic that the BA/Avios sales starting on Monday might be more significant that the teasers would suggest.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

got an email offering me an extra 5% off the sale fares with a promo code..

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The promo code I was sent for an additional 5% discount off the sale fares, surprisingly does not work.

I emailed BAEC (through the German website, where I am a member) and the answer was, they can not help, please telephone.

Last week I was:

**In Terminal 5 (aka a British Airways Terminal)

**In British Airways lounge

**standing by British Airways ticket desk

**with a uniformed ticket agent

**her ticket system was fully functionable

“Please ma’am, can you help me with this avios ticket”

Answer – NO, please call avios.

Relaying this information to the lounge dragon by F lounge, without any hesitation, she took the locator and by the time I had reached my departure gate, she had become a lounge Angel and changed the avios ticket and a note came up on the system. Top marks to Nikki..

Whilst I am a big supporter of avios Europe – I do sometimes wonder if BA really are proactive enough is looking after their customers….

jetplane
    Participant

Has BA.com crashed? unable to log into EC account!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BAEC (Germany) were curious about the offer and asked me to email it to them, which I did (via a ba email address). Got a phone call back within 10 minutes. All sorted….

Why the central collection point for avios email couldn’t have answered the query is beyond me..

GrahamSmith

For those interested, I’ve just received this press release from BA:

Monday, 6 January 2014: Today Avios launches its unmissable January sale.

Savvy members of the global British Airways Executive Club and the UK Avios Travel Rewards Programme will benefit from travel deals offering up to 50% off Avios on selected economy flights, hotels, car hire and more.

The limited edition offers will roll out from Monday, 6th January 2014 and be available for between 48 and 72 hours only before the next offer launches.

Member anticipation is set to soar across the two week promotion period* as, in a further twist, the sale items will remain “secret” until they go live on http://www.avios.com and http://www.ba.com/ecoffers.

With the big ticket items not revealed until the day they launch, Avios collectors can benefit from a number of significant Avios discounts across many travel rewards throughout the sale period.

To take part, members in-the-know just need to look out for emails announcing the latest offer is live and visit http://www.avios.com or http://www.ba.com/ecoffers, or check out British Airways’ and Avios’ Twitter posts and Avios’ Facebook page throughout the sale to find out more about the sale items and how to book.

They must be quick though as they will need to take advantage of the offer before the next one launches just hours or days later.

To help ensure members don’t miss out, Avios has created a special online calendar which can be downloaded from the websites to alert them to the offers going live.

Paul Clarke at Avios comments: “Avios will be rolling out some fantastic unmissable deals over the fortnight offering Avios collectors the chance to get 2014 off to a great start with a special trip or holiday to look forward to.

“The limited edition aspect to the sale means that we will be able to reward members with a higher number of offers throughout the period than a more traditional sale; so there is sure to be something to meet everybody’s travel wish-list.”

The Avios January sale runs from Monday 6 January 2014 to Monday 20 January 2014 for UK Avios Travel Rewards Programme members and from Monday 6 January to Saturday 18 January 2014 for British Airways Executive Club members.

To book, Avios collectors should go online to http://www.avios.com or http://www.ba.com/ecoffers.

Raffles99
    Participant

‘unmissable’ is absolutely the wrong word to describe US economy redemptions for 20,000 Avios and £350 tax during a time of year you’d rarely pay £350 anyway ….

The ‘Reward Flight Saver for £1’ deal next week looks the only decent thing.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Raffles99 – 06/01/2014 11:56 GMT

+1. I await Vint…, I mean Sergeant Major’s denouncement of your views.

tangey1
    Participant

Can’t see the announcement on BA.com, but a quick check shows the 10K avios discount for JFK economy sector is only for flights up to 31st May.

Xuluman
    Participant

Just to add my frustrations of this “unmissable” sale and my first attempt at a redemption flight.

Off to Dxb.

Full fare is £398 where I would earn more avios/tp.

The unmissable sale price gives an option of £333 plus 20k avios, Or £533 plus 6k avios!

Usually the avios required is double these amounts in WT.

Buying premium and upgrading is £2300 plus 20k avios. Where full fare is £2200…. Or £1869 on EK.

TominScotland
    Participant

These ‘offers’ certainly don’t seem to be much to write home about although perhaps they will improve over the 12 days?????

“I await Vint…, I mean Sergeant Major’s denouncement of your views”….

FormerlyDoS, as Papillion so politely put it on the now-delated thread, this constant niggling about this poster is well beyond boring – to me, it suggests a level of obsession which, perhaps, is getting a bit unhealthy???

In fairness to SM, he merely posted a fairly factual announcement of the offer, little more. I am not sure why he would either praise or denounce anything so you may be waiting rather a long time. In case there is any confusion here, the term “unmissable” is not his but is direct from the pen of BA Marketing.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

one way comparisons – not completely exact but close
    BA – 12.5 K avios LBA-(LHR)-Denver plus £ 255
    AF – 12.5 K FF points LBA-(AMS)-SFO plus 194 euro (sale closed 28/12)
    UA – (no sale) 25K FF points GVA-(IAD)-DEN plus US$ 44 (this on UA)
    UA – (no sale) 25K FF points GVA-(FRA)-DEN plus US$ 97 (on LX+LH)

just an illustration of why UK charges are disastrous!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sales from QR, BA, LH, LX to name a few. In fact as one sale ends another quickly starts. Christmas sales, New Year sales, Spring sales, Valentines sales, Easter sales the list goes on and on.

Just give me one reasonably priced fare all year round. Much simpler and cheaper on the marketing budgets.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls